Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another di tank question

seye

Hey Folks,

Because I'm to tight to invest in another Di tank no I'll rephrase that, why shell out if it can be fixed. I need to replace the down pipe in one of my tanks as it is split. My question is, What Can I use to bond and seal the new down pipe to the bottom filter. I looked in B&Q but there is so many sealers and adesives I was mind full that some may not be suitable due to the prosses of creating pure water. I did ask for assistance at B&Q but didnt come home confident. Thought best to ask here as someone has bound to have made a repair before.

Cheers

Seye

Hey Folks,
Because I'm to tight to invest in another Di tank no I'll rephrase that, why shell out if it can be fixed. I need to replace the down pipe in one of my tanks as it is split. My question is, What Can I use to bond and seal the new down pipe to the bottom filter. I looked in B&Q but there is so many sealers and adesives I was mind full that some may not be suitable due to the prosses of creating pure water. I did ask for assistance at B&Q but didnt come home confident. Thought best to ask here as someone has bound to have made a repair before.

Cheers

Seye
If you glue/bond it, my worry would be it snapping when you're pushing it down through new resin and possibly not knowing you've broken it and it not working to its potential. I found this site, don't know if it's any good to you @seye? http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_GAPS_Vessels-1-1.html

If you glue/bond it, my worry would be it snapping when you're pushing it down through new resin and possibly not knowing you've broken it and it not working to its potential. I found this site, don't know if it's any good to you @seye? http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_GAPS_Vessels-1-1.html
Looks pretty good tuffers I see on there, there is a down pipe and lower filter so looks like that would work if I dont come up with an answer Cheers :thumbsup:

Looks like I can get a down pipe and bottom filter on there for just short of a tenner so think I will go with that. thanks for the heads up Tuffers.

Looks like I can get a down pipe and bottom filter on there for just short of a tenner so think I will go with that. thanks for the heads up Tuffers.
Bugger that, 12 quid postage! Cancelled at the last minute, bloody rob dogs :mad:

i dunno still trying to stop laughing at ...I did ask for assistance at B&Q:rofl:

er whatsit called ...er....milliput is great...but probably not flexible enough...used to use that in a marine setup and they dont like anything funny ...the fish and corals that is...

lol luckily the guy was an ex window cleaner forgot to ask him why he chucked it, purely for info for the other thread.

Anyway apparantly plumbers use some thing called sovent weld to joint pipes together, I would think it cant be toxic if its getting used in the water system.

Might give it a go if water comes out a zero then job done, if not its another tank I think.

I think Solvent Weld can only be used on 'Solvent Weld PIPE'...... if you use solvent weld on other types of pipe it can MELT the pipe.

Seye, is your vessel a 'Spectrum High Yield Vessel' or a 'Standard Vessel '.

Don't think the spectrum pipe will fit the standard vessel as they have a different fitting to attach to the head.

Spectrum High Yield and Standard vessels both work in different ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Spectrum High-Yield vessels have a different distribution system to 'Normal' vessels.

On Spectrum H-Y Vessels, the water enters the head and travels down the tube and then up through the whole body of resin and exits the head....

On Standard Vessels, the water enters the head and travels down through the resin (causing channels) and then up the tube and exits the head.

Latest Posts

Back