Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had my orders today

Smurf

My good lady refuses to drive our old banger as it started smoking from the steering column. Me being no mechanic said fine I will take the day off and get it sorted. Anyhow turns out to be the indicator stalk switch was knackered. Even though it didn’t smoke anymore the indicator relay use to go off on its own but just giving the stalk a tap it stopped so I knew it wasn't the relay.

Everything still worked fine including the indicators which I thought was rather odd.

After a second opinion from a mate that works in a garage I bought a replacement stalk and fitted it myself which was a doddle to do. Mind you I did have to borrow my mates torch screwdriver as the set I had with the stubby bits would not fit in the holes in the casing. Took me 10 min to fit once I had the replacement part and right tool to do the job and saved myself a fortune in labour if I had had a garage to sort it out.

Not told the wife yet as she is at work but I'm sure I will be in her good books for at least 5 mins before she starts nagging me why I had not tidied the house today whilst I was off....Bless her /emoticons/biggrin.png

Time for a well deserved nap now methinks until I have to pick her up at 6:15 pm:)

You're mechanic mate wasn't boarcity was it smurf? o_O:D

Always nice to do a job yourself and save a good few bob as garage prices suck.

well I was wrong as only took her in the same breath to come out with "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THE REST OF THE DAY" Bless her /emoticons/biggrin.png

oh i hate fiddly jobs like that ...the wifes plays up occasionally but not too often....hmmm i was quite proud to get rid of my airbag light on my car...on since i bought it but the bloo dy government made me do it.....i left behind a nice spanner in the ducting and it was joined by a magnetic pick up tool which snapped as soon as i tried to use it....i hope they live happy ever after....but hey ...i got my sunglasses back from out of the bumper....i wonder where half my stuff goes.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Naw seriously smurf what have you actually being doing all day? Hope no dishes were left in the sink thats a no, no, when a male half has the day off.

I did bugger all apart from all the house work as I'm a wimp. Then as that wasn't good enough I also solved an annoying rattle in the car. I pulled over and told her to walk home /emoticons/biggrin.png

Naw seriously smurf what have you actually being doing all day? Hope no dishes were left in the sink thats a no, no, when a male half has the day off.

Latest Posts

Back