Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mates rates

Dave B

Staff member
Anyone else had this problem?

Mate saw ad on facebook and I went to price it up

bugger of a job and all on gravel then he moans I won't do it cheap as he's a mate

told him where to stick it and things a bit awkward now:whistle:

Yes a bit awkward. I clean next doors windows when she asks. I don't charge her as she gets me duty free smokes. But her mom popped her head over the fence last week and asked if I could quickly run my brush over her conny roof and windows. That to me says she wants the job doing, but doesn't want to pay the going rate. I don't quickly brush over anything and always do the best job I can. So I'm cockin' a deaf un to that job.

a real mate wouldnt expect a discount cos theyd know you had just started up and if anything should give you a bit extra over the odds

I did wonder @Tuffers? ....underpricing work seems daft if you ask me /emoticons/biggrin.png

Now this is what it is all about premium priced work & happy customers like this feedback that came through earlier today.

"****** has done a fantastic job on cleaning my gutters, fascias and drive, they are now gleaming. I am so pleased as it was all so very dirty. ****** offers a very professional service and is a real gentleman. I can highly recommend ****** who soldiered on even in the pouring rain. Thanks ******"

That's why you have no mates @Smurf /emoticons/tongue.png
You fell into that one /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yes I had one similar; "Tuffers did a fantastic job and his prices were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Tuffers, as he is such a lovely, kind, and respectful young man. He is also very good looking too."

As true as I sit here /emoticons/wink.png

I told my mate why don't you go to work for 2 hours and only get paid for one and he still didn't get it.

Too many cheap jobs and not worth working

I have a couple of comments how good I am on my facebook page..all helps

So true...

You can't beat good customer feedback as is free passive marketing :thumbsup:

I told my mate why don't you go to work for 2 hours and only get paid for one and he still didn't get it.Too many cheap jobs and not worth working

I have a couple of comments how good I am on my facebook page..all helps

Had a few replies on facebook page saying great you're starting up again give me a ring

doing a good job means people will haveuyou back

feel sorry for whoever they drop but I haven't quoted or anything so their choice

There is no such thing as 'mates rate' as far as i'm concerned. However I do get caught for 'Just Jobs' by little old ladies every once in a while.

"You couldn't JUST get that tuft of grass out of my gutter could you love?"

Guess I'm too nice. :rofl:

I had one ask me to clean the inside of her conservatory,

"Sweetheart could you just give the inside a going over,....I'll give you an extra pound"

:eek:

I'm afraid we differed on this amendment to our arrangement and there was a parting of our ways.

No mate rates from me, pay the price or get someone else in.

In the words of the joker "if you're good at something never do it for free".

That about sums it up.my mrs says I'm tight

I say you like spending my money don't you so stop complaining

the only person I do for free is my elderly father in laweven my brother pays full rate

yes its a good job i billy no mates....well i do a friends windows but he pays okay...and i suppose the neighbours get it cheapish but no collecting so cant moan.../emoticons/smile.png

Mate of mine works for local business centre

just phoned to say they are doing a 750 quid grant from the council for new businesses

Just need to get a form write down a business plan and it's mine..grant so no need to pay back

new equipment on the way..yeehaa

Back