Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx-22 or slx-25

Tuffers

My SLX-22 is not far from going to pole heaven and I will be buying another pole from @Alex Gardiner when fresh stocks are in.

I love my SLX-22, but I'm thinking of getting an SLX-25, but there is 120gms weight difference. I might get the 22 and buy the extension to make it a 25 when I need it. It will cost £24 + VAT more to do it that way.

I can reach 99% of my work with a 22 and I use my 35 for the really high stuff. Can't make my mind up what to do.

What would you do?

And I can't afford the Extreme 22 or 25, so that's out the question.

Had it just over a year I think. It has new clamps on it, but section one is at the limit and I can't be arsed with all that lacquering.

Oh well a man of your means can afford a new pole then./emoticons/biggrin.png

I would go with the 25 myself only because of the sort of work I do

if i was u tuffers ide get a 18ft an use ur 35ft on them bigger jobs but my round is different to urs so u may b best geting a 25ft a 25 ant that mch heaver to b fair,im using a 22 at the min it but when i get my new poles ill b geting a 18 for 60 percent of my wrk an use my 35 for the slitly bigger houses 3 story i think 18 will do nearly all my 2 story wrk over connys ect

I'd get the 22 again @Tuffers, your round sounds similar to mine. I use my 22 for 99% of my work and the slx 25 for a few high jobs and a couple of other windows, but mainly i use it for pvc as its stiffer than the 22 and its a spare if owt goes wrong with my 22.

When my 22 is nearly done which to be honest it is i will deffo replace it with another phoenix 22

I've used a SLX-25 since the day they were released (I actually still have it, the MKI- retired). I have always found the 25ft very handy for higher windows & velux etc. However, I have always used a swivel with it too so the slightly longer closed length makes no difference in tight spaces etc./emoticons/smile.png

I'd get the 22 again @Tuffers, your round sounds similar to mine. I use my 22 for 99% of my work and the slx 25 for a few high jobs and a couple of other windows, but mainly i use it for pvc as its stiffer than the 22 and its a spare if owt goes wrong with my 22.
When my 22 is nearly done which to be honest it is i will deffo replace it with another phoenix 22

I've used a SLX-25 since the day they were released (I actually still have it, the MKI- retired). I have always found the 25ft very handy for higher windows & velux etc. However, I have always used a swivel with it too so the slightly longer closed length makes no difference in tight spaces etc./emoticons/smile.png
Food for thought. The thing is, if I have velux and 3 storey stuff I use the 35' and more weight with a 25 = more pain on my knackered joints? I'm swaying towards 22 I think.

@Tuffers i tell you what i found with using the slx 25 all day is because the base section has a bigger diameter i found it hurt my forearm but nowt i wouldnt of got used to if it was my only pole.

Plus its fully collapsed length even with a swivel started doing my head in, but again only because i am so used to a 22

I used the swivel for the second day in a row today @keir, I really like it (at the moment). The only downside is when trying to brush over sills and the brush goes all wonky and you have to rest it on something to get it straight again. Maybe it's just me getting used to it, but defo quicker.

Ah man i couldnt work without the swivel now bud. Just tighten the swivel a tiny bit and keep a screwdriver on you till you have got it just right. Also i noticed with it being warmer its gone a bit looser

Ah man i couldnt work without the swivel now bud. Just tighten the swivel a tiny bit and keep a screwdriver on you till you have got it just right. Also i noticed with it being warmer its gone a bit looser
I'll second that in every way. It's sometimes a case of getting the tension just right so that the brush swivels freely when you twist the pole but doesn't just flop all over the place each time you lift off the glass. Even a bit of vaseline in the joint can aid a really smooth action./emoticons/smile.png

Which swivel are you using winpro? I started with a wagtail orbit but then swapped to a gardiners

Both are very good, i liked the wagtail as it acted like a goose neck too, but it also needed adjusting more often

Which swivel are you using winpro? I started with a wagtail orbit but then swapped to a gardiners
Both are very good, i liked the wagtail as it acted like a goose neck too, but it also needed adjusting more often
The Gardiner one mate. Before these I used to use modified Hillbrush (Salmon if anyone remembers them) broom swivels. These worked but were quite weak & often broke, you had to have a "supply" of them!!:confused:

Back