Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stroke of luck

Posh

One of my customers was talking to a friend & happen to mention window cleaning. My customer says we have one & he's marvellous. ( her words not mine)

Anyway her friend says our hasn't been round since march. Would he do ours.

Anyway I ring her tonite. She already has me 6 customers but has told me to leave it till end of week as there's probably another 6. All on 1 street.

Happy days.

thats the way to do it...../emoticons/biggrin.png

its funny you can go for ages nothing, and then like buses you get a load of new jobs...just fitting mine in now for the second time...it takes a while but then they all slot in...all them new stories ...from new people...and new habits...and new washing lines....and watch out for that step...ahh too late...

Until the old windy turns up!!!

I got collared the other day, i do one house as a favour for a friend but its miles away from my work and charge her accordingly but she loves wfp as it does the frames etc.

anyway turns out the windy who has that round also is my neighbour workwise and he was not happy but i explained and he seemed alright, he looks like something out of the film 300, big, muscly and a beard.......scared the **** out of me lol

I like it when you do houses for ages. You learn where the bolt is on the gate. What slab is loose ect. You learn all about there house.

If you ain't been since beginning of march it's likely he's dropped em for some reason. It's nearly 5 months. I wouldn't expect to keep customers who I haven't been to for 5-6 months.

Yeah i know what you mean @Posh, but i picked a barn conversion up exactly like that a few years ago. I got collared by the windy about a year ago but it turns out i know him, i sold him a round a few years ago so all was cool.

His reason for not turning up for 4-5 months was weather!!! But i managed to do it ok in the same weather. But alison who's house it is couldnt stand him anyway as he is quite a 'serious' chap, doesnt smile too often lol

yeh if the old windy turns up on my new work...he can have em back with pleasure....i da work dodger.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh i always ask where he came from etc...i am surprised at just how far windys will travel for a £6 semi...

One of my customers was talking to a friend & happen to mention window cleaning. My customer says we have one & he's marvellous. ( her words not mine)Anyway her friend says our hasn't been round since march. Would he do ours.

Anyway I ring her tonite. She already has me 6 customers but has told me to leave it till end of week as there's probably another 6. All on 1 street.

Happy days.
I ve got a similar thing going on at the moment, not because this window cleaner as nt been but because their standard of work is ****. They are two lads from out of town who bought a large round off a local windy last October, but for some reason they just cant keep the standard of work that he did...and just lately I ve had a lot of new work come in off the back of their poor work... every time I get a enquiry from one of their customers its same story the custy is telling me that they spend 10 mins doing doing the job and when they have left the windows don't look any cleaner. Even when I give my price the customer is happier to pay more as long as the jobs done right. One street I went to I did one job and with in 2 days the lady rang me and said there was 7 more people down that street that would now like me to do theirs...all was using these two from out of town...well their loss my gain . Guess they came in to the job thinking it would be easy money and have done very little research in to what the job entailed ..??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey it would be easy money if we could leave the windows looking cr ap and just collect the money...yeh ...sometimes..you have to go the extra mile just to make the custy smile....i a poet and i didnt know it.../emoticons/biggrin.png

i especially take a lot longer around the door area as thats what they see first....and of course sunny prime viewing windows not to say i dont do the shady ones proper but i dont worry as much about them...oh i have some killer windows that sit direct in the sun and where the custy sits all day....

i not care now i got the taytay method...:rolleyes:

one thing to remember....it may be another month before that window is cleaned again..if you leave a mark...thats a long time for the custy to see it and think...why do i bother..

one of the worst things a windy can do is not remove bird muck that a custy has stared at and then turn up at the door to collect money...and its quite easy to applicate blade and still the stubborn little :turd: remains...god knows what some of these birds eat...

So true norm, as they say Quality is your silent partner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back