Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Trainers??

Dave B

My mate works for sky and says they are not allowed on ladders without boots as the heels will stop your foot slipping off the rungs and through the ladder

I can't get on with working in boots as I can't run around on sloped roofs without the grip of my trainers

anyone else or just me?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrtaytay

• Smurf

• cheapncheerful

• Dave B

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh sky are very health and safety and i suppose you can understand that...me i like my trainers...but they just died, the sole has come undone..ahhh but i also like my boots as they feel comfortable....but if i do conny walking which i am not supposed to do any more...trainers gave me the best grip...until you drip water on the bars and then:eek:

i have as always only bought cheapncheerful trainers but i do need a good pair...generally boots are a winter thing and i actually like pumps as they are very cheapncheerful..i suppose whatever you feel comfortable in and doesnt get

to pongey....:rolleyes:

of course the grip thing in our job is important..i was wondering what those guys that walk around power washing roofs actually wear on thier feet...:eek:

ouch that slip through and bang your shin on the rungs thing...done that a few times...musnt run!:)

Guest boarcity

a sky fellah chatted to me the other year banging on about how wrong it was me on a ladder not tied off. but then added he had jus returned to worked after 6 months off cos he fell and dislocated his shoulder on the way up his ladder !

my opinion trainers are the best for our job,year round .

I wear safety trainers. Basically trainers with steel toe caps. Really comfortable and light, but with a little bit of protection. Theone day I didn't wear them, I dropped the class 1 ladder on my big toe.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

I found trainers best for ladder work and also for walking on roofs. But they used to get soaked when you walked on grass in the colder months. I wear walking boot/trainers that are Goretex now.

Hi all this is my first post, but i've been reading the forum for a little while... I bought myself some Nike rongbuk walking trainers a couple of months ago.. The soles are extrs thick and they are very strong, light and robust.. So glad I bought them along with a pair of dewalt apprentice boots for the cold and wet season..

• Like 3
Hi all this is my first post, but i've been reading the forum for a little while... I bought myself some Nike rongbuk walking trainers a couple of months ago.. The soles are extrs thick and they are very strong, light and robust.. So glad I bought them along with a pair of dewalt apprentice boots for the cold and wet season..

Welcome to the best window cleaning forum @tootyclub :thumbsup:

I wear boots. Not heavy boots. But, one's which support my ankles well. Once they are "broken in" they are spot on!. I feel more confident on a ladder. Trainers won't last long in my opinion!

yeh me wearing the aldi boots ...nice but dont last as long as they look as though they should...if you follow...

i paid £16 and found them nice and comfy...and wifey phones to say...half price...shot into aldi and hunted out all the size 11 ..big feet..i found three pairs left but as i picked up two pairs some prat had to do the ...i must have routine...and he got the third pair...i ignored him and walked away...seconds later i went back to get them ...some people....he was just being bloody awkward.. and so i have plenty to last me ....

ta tootyclub i put them on my shopping list....its very long....roll on xmas...:D

Lolz, I remember watching a football match at my nippers junior school. One of the kid's dad's shouts at his son, "Samuel, you've got two left footed boots on." :rofl: and by god he had, so funny seeing one foot sticking out to the right on his right foot. How did the numpty not know :D

• Like 2

Trainers for me to, I used to wear steel to cap boots but hosnestly dragging them up and down a ladder all day was like having a ball and chain on your ankle. I'm currently using Everlast trainers really good airieation cuz ma feet stink in swety shoes all day.:turd: :whistle::laugh:

I got a pair of karrimore running trainers for summer for 20 quid sports direct

That webbing type material where you can feel the breeze

No more missus moaning about vinegar feet

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.