Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose size wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CleanClean

After looking at the diy topics on this forum i've decided (and it fits the budget better /emoticons/biggrin.png) to build my own wfp sytem.

I'm building a trolley system what probably most of the time will stay in the van but if need be could come out to be more mobile.

What I've got:

DI resin filter (spectrum premier... I think)

Ebay pump 100psi (cheap but well impressed)

Speed regulator

Battery

and charger is all ready in van /emoticons/smile.png

Lots of QL connector thingies

Now what I'm not sure about, what size hose to order to go from pump to pole. Does 8mm make much difference over 6mm? I don't really want to go through my water to fast as I cant carry that much water yet.

Which fittings are better? QuickLock or the metal "air-hose type" look a likes?

that's it for now, but I'm convinced I will bombarded you all with more questions soon, sorry :oops:

Thanks

After looking at the diy topics on this forum i've decided (and it fits the budget better /emoticons/biggrin.png) to build my own wfp sytem.
I'm building a trolley system what probably most of the time will stay in the van but if need be could come out to be more mobile.

What I've got:

DI resin filter (spectrum premier... I think)

Ebay pump 100psi (cheap but well impressed)

Speed regulator

Battery

and charger is all ready in van /emoticons/smile.png

Lots of QL connector thingies

Now what I'm not sure about, what size hose to order to go from pump to pole. Does 8mm make much difference over 6mm? I don't really want to go through my water to fast as I cant carry that much water yet.

Which fittings are better? QuickLock or the metal "air-hose type" look a likes?

that's it for now, but I'm convinced I will bombarded you all with more questions soon, sorry :oops:

Thanks
Re pump to pole; it depends on what size ports are on the pump outlet, ie a Shurflo has half inch ports. So you connect half inch hose (as much as you need) then connect a hozelock to the other end of the half inch and connect pole hose to half inch with one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-hozelock-adaptor-for-water-fed-pole-pack-of-3-/390487573211?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item5aeadf82db. Don't buy this lot as they are expensive, but it gives you the idea. That's how my trolley connects anyway, but I wheel it round and not have it static.

This post was probably not much help :confused:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back