Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guttervac tips anyone...

koopmaster

Sooo I just got a guttervac and the poles and after some more helpful info I got 5 m of hose and am ready to start next week doing gutters.

Does anyone have any tips to tell me to save me making all the mistakes that you've already made.

Stick too easy 2 storey jobs or bugalows would be my advice & be prepared to use a gutter clearng ladder setup like I use to do a proper job.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Sooo I just got a guttervac and the poles and after some more helpful info I got 5 m of hose and am ready to start next week doing gutters.

Does anyone have any tips to tell me to save me making all the mistakes that you've already made.

i think nothing beats experience @Smurf

and even then tis tricky go high money wise would be what you experienced profesionals do @Smurf prices :thumbsup:

i think nothing beats experience @Smurfand even then tis tricky go high money wise would be what you experienced profesionals do @Smurf prices :thumbsup:
Yep, the more you do it, the more you realise how much higher you need to charge. When I first got into it, I was charging £40 for a clearout of a standard 2-3 bed. But I soon realised that the work was hard, especially when the gutters are really full, and you can't fit your hands or tools in them, and the access is difficult, and you look down and realise that your life could be over with one wrong move, and you get a face full of gutter bukkake, and your hands and ladder are covered in ****, and.....all of a sudden, that 40quid aint worth the bother.

but i a professional now....i carry dirty clothes in the car whilst i do gutter cleans...of course ...i take them off to soon and cant be ar sed to put them back on when i notice i have left the conny...and of course that was the dirtiest....:turd:/emoticons/sad.png

Can't be bothered to carry both ladders anymore. That's why I put all the guttering on hold for 6 months. Didn't want to climb up there anymore. Whole thing was expensive £360 for all the guttervac.

Can't be bothered to carry both ladders anymore. That's why I put all the guttering on hold for 6 months. Didn't want to climb up there anymore. Whole thing was expensive £360 for all the guttervac.
Sounds cheap tome mate, was it one of the compact ones?

Stick too easy 2 storey jobs or bugalows would be my advice & be prepared to use a gutter clearng ladder setup like I use to do a proper job.Good luck :thumbsup:
On that point can you get a gutter vac with just a flexible hose to take up the ladder with you instead of doing it fron the ground?

My fist guttervac was about £1400 if I recall and so say the most powerful guttervac available but I soon found out on some jobs/part jobs it was still quicker/better to do by hand. That's why I always carry my gutter clearing ladder setup aswell and try to avoid taking on 3 storey work now.

Tried most of them and found they did not last very long so I prefer to put a ladder up now.

On that point can you get a gutter vac with just a flexible hose to take up the ladder with you instead of doing it fron the ground?
i have done this but after doing it would not recommend as its dodgy safety wise

Just make sure you use a standoff

gone are the days I put ladders on the actual gutter and hope for the best

I would have thought it was safer than going up with a pole and a grab tool at the end of it.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

This gutter clearing job was challenging to say the least (house on left)

View attachment 2753

Very narrow gap between tiles

Rammed packed with crud as has not been done for years

All three downspout bends blocked

No access to the right side gutter run & downspout as is fenced in at the front. So the only option was to go next door to gain access through their side gate on the right hand side of their property.

Looks easy dosen't it....:rolleyes:

What method/s would you use?

Have to agree overhanging tiles are the worst when no tools fit in and hands get shredded. Neighbours are usually ok about going in to their gardens though.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back