Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reputation is everything

A

abs

A new customer sent me a pic the other day of her bedroom window with a dirty run mark from the top straight down the middle of the pain, I love my company so much and am so proud of my excellent reputation even though it was 9.10 an night I went and put it right , people were on the patio with wine and I was there waterfed poleing a window lol,,, think I need help

Yep you do need help /emoticons/biggrin.png

A new customer sent me a pic the other day of her bedroom window with a dirty run mark from the top straight down the middle of the pain, I love my company so much and am so proud of my excellent reputation even though it was 9.10 an night I went and put it right , people were on the patio with wine and I was there waterfed poleing a window lol,,, think I need help

hey the number of times my hanky has cleaned bird muck off windows when i have been to collect....:eek:...and yes i have gone back with ladders ...even if as usual the bird struck after i had cleaned...i think they do it on purpose..:rolleyes:

A new customer......
Personally I would have said, "its probably because of all the dirt from the first clean, but I'll pop round sometime tomorrow to sort it".

Maybe I'm the one that needs help.

You've done a good deed there, but some people get a power kick out of stuff like that, and can end up being a painITA forever more.

ohh this post is dragging up painful memories...i did a very big georgian house and i cant remember what went wrong but i hadnt gone early on when the cleaner was in so had missed my chance to do the insides....and she dragged me back at 7.30pm...er i had to clean the dining room with them all sat there with thier skull caps on and candles lit ....i made sure i caught the cleaner evermore...

A good rep goes a long way..worth putting yourself out a bit if they tell their neighbours and mates what a good guy you are

"He even popped back that night to sort it"

I have always gone above and beyond in other peoples opinion but how many people I know now I started up again have told me you do my windows dave I'll tell the other guy I don't want a cleaner anymore

Not poached any work as I don't do that but these are people who didn't want to lose me last time

All reputation

A good rep goes a long way..worth putting yourself out a bit if they tell their neighbours and mates what a good guy you are"He even popped back that night to sort it"

I have always gone above and beyond in other peoples opinion but how many people I know now I started up again have told me you do my windows dave I'll tell the other guy I don't want a cleaner anymore

Not poached any work as I don't do that but these are people who didn't want to lose me last time

All reputation
Totally agree m8, a bad reputation will sink or even destroy the best off company's

yeh you get phone call , its a complaint. Going out sorting it out trying your best.

some folk appreciate your efforts, but as the guys say it can also backfire getting loads of hassle

how many times have you ventured back and its on the inside

If I went back to a job I'd only be going back because I'm ok with it and if I got to a customers property and they was mistaken and the dirt was inside I'd clean 1 window inside to show them , to me it's about making my custys happy

If I went back to a job I'd only be going back because I'm ok with it and if I got to a customers property and they was mistaken and the dirt was inside I'd clean 1 window inside to show them , to me it's about making my custys happy
yeh thats gd idea pure !! clean inside your there anyway job done

yep i have seen some minging insides in my time...and the worst on my patch is an awful awful lot of blown double glazing...i was checking some leads the other day after wfp and i thought what a mess i have made but no it was in the units..er ...got two of my own gone;) and i have to be honest ...thats why i havent put a lot of prices up as its a waste of time cleaning some windows...one even has an inch of water in it....

yeh thats gd idea pure !! clean inside your there anyway job done
I clean over 100 houses a week and have very happy very Faithful customers , on average I'm now getting 10-15 new jobs a week and they come to me all through recommendations , so I'm doing something right lol

yep i have seen some minging insides in my time...and the worst on my patch is an awful awful lot of blown double glazing...i was checking some leads the other day after wfp and i thought what a mess i have made but no it was in the units..er ...got two of my own gone;) and i have to be honest ...thats why i havent put a lot of prices up as its a waste of time cleaning some windows...one even has an inch of water in it....
One of my customers had mold all over her glass inside in her bedrooms it looked minging, this lady pays promptly and I get tea and a twix or kitkat too , I told her about the mold cause she rarely opens her curtains upstairs then I cleaned them for her for nothing ( did it while the kettle was boiling ) she was very thankful and I got my cuppa and extra choccy , everyone's a winner /emoticons/smile.png

I love getting chocolate too /emoticons/biggrin.png not around xmas tho... that's time for tips

I have 1 I have had for about 10 years who always has in and out gives me tea biccies and tries to give me beer when its hot
clear.png

Back