Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it possible to...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dundeeladdie

Hi all.

Was just wondering if it's possible to set up a collection system removing the need to ever call to customers homes for cash after finishing your round?

I think I read a post a post from r.c. property in which he said he has not collected for a few years from over 700 customers.

He always gets cash or cheque at time of cleaning, or a cheque through the post or BACS.

Has anyone else managed to remove the call back later collection process successfully?

How easy is BACS to set up, for both the customer and the window cleaner?

Thanks Chaps.

you need to force change a little,have faith nobody will cancel over this.

youd be surprised how many already do internet banking . Some i had to put on the spot, look this is how its going to be [bank transfer]and then most go with it . Course theres always the odd one who gets in a muddle and goes to the bank asking to do a house deeds transfer via a solicitor [yep happened to me] , these muddled types i get to leave the money under a housebrick in advance which works ok

i put my bank acc number and sort code on my slips , also write send me a cheque option or send the money in the post option

you need to force change a little,have faith nobody will cancel over this.youd be surprised how many already do internet banking . Some i had to put on the spot, look this is how its going to be [bank transfer]and then most go with it . Course theres always the odd one who gets in a muddle and goes to the bank asking to do a house deeds transfer via a solicitor [yep happened to me] , these muddled types i get to leave the money under a housebrick in advance which works ok

i put my bank acc number and sort code on my slips , also write send me a cheque option or send the money in the post option
Thanks boarcity.

I've not actually started up yet. Still doing a bit of research and getting kit together.

I take it from your reply that the majority of your customers pay via BACS?

If so, that sounds great to me. I'm guessing face to face collection in the evening is really time consuming and a real ball ache.

Cheers.

I've never collected from day one. I've always just had them leave the money/cheque, but the best thing I ever did was get a website with a payment option. Straight through to my paypal account so I get a text when they have paid. Easy for them and me.

It depends if you want all the money going through your bank where mr taxman can see it:rofl:

I have always collected from customers or had them send cheques..bacs would be easier

I get paid by cash, bank transfer or via Paypal. Cheques sometimes but I try to avoid this method as my bank is miles away.

I have only ever collected bad debts and that never happens twice (I drop bad payers very quickly).

I dont collect. I send text reminders out every couple of weeks but most now pay via one of the payment mentioned.
Same as Koopmaster, mine all pay cash on the day or by BACS / cheque. Never go collecting, to much time and fuel costs wasted. Works fine so far. For any late payers, a gentle text reminder seems to do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont collect. I send text reminders out every couple of weeks but most now pay via one of the payment mentioned.
Same as Koopmaster, mine all pay cash on the day or by BACS / cheque. Never go collecting, too much time and fuel costs wasted. Works fine so far. For any late payers, a gentle text reminder seems to do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collecting was my biggest worry as I didn't want to spend hour after hour collecting and chasing people up.

Feel confident to get started very soon now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

i had about 3yrs doing the collecting thang and i can tell you it gets very old quickly . what made it worse for me i had built up a shedload of low paying work,in fact id hardly got any high paying at all . so i was scared theyd drop me rather than work out how to pay online. i was wrong

iv since had about another 3 yrs of everybody paying online BACS or by post and it gives you your life back.

i had about 3yrs doing the collecting thang and i can tell you it gets very old quickly . what made it worse for me i had built up a shedload of low paying work,in fact id hardly got any high paying at all . so i was scared theyd drop me rather than work out how to pay online. i was wrong
iv since had about another 3 yrs of everybody paying online BACS or by post and it gives you your life back.
Thanks boarcity.

I'm going to start as I mean to go on and.try to get all customers on bacs, cash/cheque at time of cleaning or cheque through the post.

Your reply has certainly convinced me it's the right way to go.

Thanks very much for taking the time.

yeh my new policy is if they havent left the money i do a runner.....they will get the message when they contact me...
Fittest windie in cheshire

All that running:rofl:

Back