Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paid in advance

Smurf

Now that's a first for me as I went to have a look at this tiny conservatory roof with self cleaning glass. The chap paid me £80 cash in advance as he will be away on the day I will be cleaning it.

View attachment 2756

I had to laugh though as he said his window cleaner cleaned the easy side but could not do the other side which is all green and manky including the pointy bits, frames and so say self cleaning glasss. I bet that window cleaner would be peed off now if he new how much I was charging :D

To be honest the mind boggles sometimes why ppl can only do half a job when it's still doable and more importantly customers are willing to pay a premium to get the job done properly. :rolleyes:

Cos they are numptys

How can people turn down money if they have done half the job anyway?

Because they are in the mindset of charging way too little then find out deep cleaning a conservatory roof properly is hard graft and takes a lot longer than they thought it would so as @cheapncheerful would say they do a runner /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cos they are numptys
How can people turn down money if they have done half the job anyway?

yep i agree smurfy.....its the bloody hard work that pays...and most people cant be ar sed...you have to go the extra mile to do the job properly...so you have to bear that in mind when you price it..../emoticons/smile.png

If you charge too little, you can look unprofessional. Customer may think, "That sounds cheap, hope he does a good job"

I have learnt the hard way and now go much higher. I still pick up the work, and can spend more time doing because I charge more.

Tomorrow I'm cleaning a house inside and out for £100. It will take three hours and she has this done every six weeks.

Last time she told me that she got another quote when I quoted, for £40. I got the job because she didn't believe she would be getting a professional job done for £40.

hey that was me....yeh...i not professional...that of course included bed and breakfast at travelodge...but it just goes to show...cheap dont always win...

I very rarely lose quotes myself by ppl going in with cheaper prices.

hey that was me....yeh...i not professional...that of course included bed and breakfast at travelodge...but it just goes to show...cheap dont always win...

Back