Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk hybrid

keir

Damn this brush is good, next time you feel the need to buy a new brush you gotta try one of these.

Well @Richard i told you if it was as good as you said i would shout it from the roof tops!

Well all your claims appear to be true, i was on a particular water hungry bit of work today which i know normally i would be pretty much out of water by the time i finished, but today when i finished i still had a third of a tank left. I still need to speed up with it, but i can now see that there is room to speed up because there is no need to repeat strokes unless there is a bad bird strike or stubborn fly froth.

At first i thought it would require more strokes as its a bit narrower than the gardiners but when it splays out it is really wide, also i'm so used to square edged brushes when splayed i thought the rounded edges would be more awkward to get into the corners but nope, the bristles compress nicely into the corners.

@Tuffers you gotta get one pal, it really is an amazing brush.

Next purchase will be a full boars hair for pvc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how all novices seem to rate that brush but I not heard any old timers rate one yet /emoticons/biggrin.png

Old timer eh??? Pmsl i like it......it truely is a cracking brush smurf, i loves it

I feel a vid coming on smurf, my windows are due this week or next

I'm looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Old timer eh??? Pmsl i like it......it truely is a cracking brush smurf, i loves it
I feel a vid coming on smurf, my windows are due this week or next

Thats what i love about this wfp, personal preference rules
I love that you can say what you think on this forum without fear of ridicule because you prefer another method or pole or brush. /emoticons/smile.png

Vikans are still bricks on stick though I have to say but if you like using them that's all what matters. /emoticons/wink.png

I love that you can say what you think on this forum without fear of ridicule because you prefer another method or pole or brush. /emoticons/smile.png

The last Vikan I bought appeared to weigh less, (although I never weighed it). They splay nicely now and scrub well.

I have bought other brushes and have been disappointed. So for me the Vikan works.

@keir apparently when you get really good with that brush you don't need to rinse the glass at all:D
Mmmmmm????, i have been told this too!!! But to be fair it was said on maintenance cleans no rinsing is needed.

I will have a try and see what happens on my windows, any idea how to do time lapse vids for youtube?

I will try and show a dirty window, then clean it with the tecbuk with rinsing then another without then the same with a different brush.

Spc, if you cant say exactly what you want, someone will miss a pearl of advice in my book, we're forever learning.

Tell me about your avatar too? My brother left the army last year after 23 years

Damn this brush is good, next time you feel the need to buy a new brush you gotta try one of these.Well @Richard i told you if it was as good as you said i would shout it from the roof tops!

Well all your claims appear to be true, i was on a particular water hungry bit of work today which i know normally i would be pretty much out of water by the time i finished, but today when i finished i still had a third of a tank left. I still need to speed up with it, but i can now see that there is room to speed up because there is no need to repeat strokes unless there is a bad bird strike or stubborn fly froth.

At first i thought it would require more strokes as its a bit narrower than the gardiners but when it splays out it is really wide, also i'm so used to square edged brushes when splayed i thought the rounded edges would be more awkward to get into the corners but nope, the bristles compress nicely into the corners.

@Tuffers you gotta get one pal, it really is an amazing brush.

Next purchase will be a full boars hair for pvc etc

Thanks keir, glad you are getting on with the brush more, the more you are using it.

With other makes of brush, it’s more usual to gauge the brush size, by the size of the brush stock.

With Tecbuk brushes its different, the brush stock is about 1.5” inches x 8.5” inches, a small unobtrusive brush stock with an area of about 12.5” square inches. The cleaning area is almost 5 times bigger, with about 60” square inches of cleaning area. With no loss of bristles, i.e. 7 rows of bristles, and over 50,000 cleaning filaments etc.

(In fact Tecbuk brushes generally have a larger cleaning area that is much more effective than brushes that are classed as 12” inches because of the stock length, Making Tecbuk brushes much faster in use as well)

The rounded edges/ends of the brush bristles is for getting into corners, they allow room for the dirt to wash away from the corner as the brush rotates around. Square end brushes were never designed to clean out corners. Square brush ends or brushes with a 90 degree edge bristles, cant do this very well, the dirt does get trapped, between the brush and the corner of the frame, hence you do need to go back into the corners more often with a square end brush, than you would with a rounded end brush.

I wouldn't call myself a novice anymore smurf and I rate the hybrid. Makes my Gardiner extreme look like a Benson from fresco. And there are very seasoned lads on here that recommend them highly too so maybe stop blowing your own trumpet and actually listen to other people for once.

I wouldn't call myself a novice anymore smurf and I rate the hybrid. Makes my Gardiner extreme look like a Benson from fresco. And there are very seasoned lads on here that recommend them highly too so maybe stop blowing your own trumpet and actually listen to other people for once.
/emoticons/smile.png

That's told you Smurf.

I however agree with you. Despite the hype, I didn't rate the first Aerial brush I bought either. It was too heavy.

Its each to their own spruce I know lots that don't like it because of the weight. I know a lot that aren't novices that love it too so some folk need to maybe not preach out of their ......

No smurf van mount but yep still use it for chemicals. There's an old saying it not how big it is its how ya use it and id put that souped up pump sprayer against any van mount

Back