Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside of conservatory roofs

brianbadonde

Hi all. Just wondered if there is a knack for cleaning inside of conservatory roofs? I did my first one today. It was an absolute scorching day so the solution dried up by time i came to blade it so left smears. I tried damp clothing them scrimming it which just left those horrible shiny smears. Eventually, i just used some detergent spray and microfibre cloth; this seemed to work best, but im dissapointed with the oberall result. Have i done somethong wrong?

yes ...you did it in the sun...

i got a great tip off here....that karcher vacum advertised on the tv....although ...i have never done one as i famous for doing a runner if they mention it.told one i didnt have big enough step ladders...another ..i couldnt get the insurance....pure hell the worst windy job going ...you were brave to attempt it....in fact ...for your bravery...i give you a like...:rofl:

Haha many thanks! What made it worse was it was like a sauna, and there were blinds up; they were drawn but the wire strings thats held them in place were there so i had to work around them. Pure hell. Next time i may just pass on the inside. I probably made it look worse any way. Luckily it was part of a very big job (gutters, windows, fascias, soffitts and con roof). The overall effect was good, just displeased with the inside.

i do them with a light shortish 4 ft telescopic pole , with a soaped up swivel 14 inch tbar on the end . scrub scrub then drape a scrim over the same tbar and buff off . id use about 6 scrims in the buff process by the end of it

Haha many thanks! What made it worse was it was like a sauna, and there were blinds up; they were drawn but the wire strings thats held them in place were there so i had to work around them. Pure hell. Next time i may just pass on the inside. I probably made it look worse any way. Luckily it was part of a very big job (gutters, windows, fascias, soffitts and con roof). The overall effect was good, just displeased with the inside.
stop your giving me nightmares...its the windys hell job...

i will not be tempted...i not doing them in the sun...its like ..why do they always ask for thier gutters to be cleaned in the freezing cold...

you could probably sell that idea- the boot camp scenario/ some folk might pay good money to sweat it out

I've never done one(inside con roof), nor do I care to, but if I had to, I'd use my zero degree squeegee on a short pole. I swear by this squeegee and think it's the most under rated squeegee of them all. As long as you can take the drips landing on your face, you could tackle overhead glass with ease.

Mart.

yeh the drips on your face..:eek:..think i will pass on that...i will just have to keep dodging them....hopefully they wont come my way.../emoticons/smile.png

Bloody wuss

Only water

Seriously though it's a **** job

Won't do it if I can help it

I've never done one(inside con roof), nor do I care to, but if I had to, I'd use my zero degree squeegee on a short pole. I swear by this squeegee and think it's the most under rated squeegee of them all. As long as you can take the drips landing on your face, you could tackle overhead glass with ease.
Mart.
Thats how I do them - zero degree squeegee on an extension pole.

But, NOT on a roasting hot day /emoticons/biggrin.png

yes its kinda funny how these jobs always arrive in the wrong weather.....gutters are my favourite always half frozen in late november...can you clean my gutters out....yes in the summer...

I have to agree as has to be the worst job going internal deep cleaning the roofs & sides on conservatories apart from the outsides which I hate with a passion too./emoticons/biggrin.png

i think its the worst job a windy is asked to do........unless you know different....

Back