Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It's confirmed self cleaning glass don't work

Smurf

Received a call from a glass supplier to ask if I could clean a conservatory roof fitted with self cleaning glass.

Had to laugh as the company that fitted the conservatory 18 months ago received a complaint from the customer to say the self cleaning glass is not working and has all gone green with algae. /emoticons/biggrin.png

When speaking to the glass supplier also the head office manager of the company that installed it both confirmed they get loads of complaints.

Now that was no surprise to me when you see this vid :rofl:

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Self cleaning glass does not work and is harder to clean because you need to be careful not to destroy the coating that does not work. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there is such a thing as an approved list of self cleaning glass window cleaners? :rolleyes:

Now that would be funny :rofl:

Well it looks like I'm the first approved self cleaning glass window cleaner in the country as I got that job :laugh:

Yep /emoticons/biggrin.png

Self cleaning glass does not work and is harder to clean because you need to be careful not to destroy the coating that does not work. Lol

Back