Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

8 story water fed pole cleaning!

RGodber

Hi WCF,

Iv been looking on this site for quite a while now and have never posted anything.

Here is a photo of our job we are doing currently with a custom 85 Foot pole!

Cannot wait till the job is over!

2me73gn.jpg

Whats the highest you have ever reached with a WFP?

Welcome to the forum @RGodber

You are very welcome to that job also I bet that ionics pole must weigh a ton?:eek:

I bet you also suffer from neck, shoulder & back problems doing work like that too

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum @RGodber
You are very welcome to that job also I bet that ionics pole must weigh a ton?:eek:
Thanks Smurf.

I dont know exactly how much it weighs, maybe around 25kg give or take a few kilos. After a few windows it feels about 50kg haha.

here is a few photos of the full building

2zh4kzb.jpg

nwlhqe.jpg

Last day tomorrow! /emoticons/biggrin.png:D:D

We have to take it in turns because the pole is such a weight, There was no way one of us could of done a whole row without switching.. definitely not the easiest job we've ever done, its been more of a workout than anything! :laugh:

25kgs!!? Seriously!?

There's a top notch Gardiner pole for that height that'll weigh less than 6kgs all in, £2500 though!

25kgs!!? Seriously!?There's a top notch Gardiner pole for that height that'll weigh less than 6kgs all in, £2500 though!
Im serious mate and exactly at £2500 for a one off is quite alot.

We have never had to reach this height before this job is a one off, so we researched how much a pole would of cost us, which i found the same one you are on about so £2500 we quoted just under £4000 for the job and didn't want to pay that much for a pole we were only going to use once.

We stripped a few 65ft and 45ft poles down too see if we could extend one of the 65's to reach, we were in luck we added on another 7.5metres (24Feet) from other poles we wouldnt be using.

all in all we got away with spending £0 instead of £2500 without vat.

Myself I would have rather shelled out on a decent gardiners pole if it was going to make the job easier and quicker to do. :rolleyes:

Im serious mate and exactly at £2500 for a one off is quite alot.We have never had to reach this height before this job is a one off, so we researched how much a pole would of cost us, which i found the same one you are on about so £2500 we quoted just under £4000 for the job and didn't want to pay that much for a pole we were only going to use once.

We stripped a few 65ft and 45ft poles down too see if we could extend one of the 65's to reach, we were in luck we added on another 7.5metres (24Feet) from other poles we wouldnt be using.

all in all we got away with spending £0 instead of £2500 without vat.

brilliant m8
Thanks John39

Myself I would have rather shelled out on a decent gardiners pole if it was going to make the job easier and quicker to do. :rolleyes:
We could of but still we have never had anything this high before and we know we wont get anything like it for another month or two, the site manager at the flats rang us up 4 days before the job was started he was so desperate as the residents were complaining.. we didnt have time to order a pole in and to be honest we didn't want to.

Thanks John39

We could of but still we have never had anything this high before and we know we wont get anything like it for another month or two, the site manager at the flats rang us up 4 days before the job was started he was so desperate as the residents were complaining.. we didnt have time to order a pole in and to be honest we didn't want to.
why buy one and waste money, make do with the one you have mate

Back