Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More tds questions.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CleanClean

Hello

as you know I'm collecting the necessities for wfp. I will start with di filtering only due to that ro membranes are just so expensive and wont use it very much yet.

Now I've been playing with my tds meter and have tested lots of random things in and around the house as you do:oops:

I worked out that the water filter we use for our drinking water (one of those active carbon filtering thingies you fill up from the top and it slowly runs through) almost halfs my tds. /emoticons/biggrin.png Thats good news!!

I know you can buy the 10" filter housings and fit different filters, and before a RO if i understand correctly you have 3 filters. A 5micron filter, a 1 micron filter and a carbon filter.(please correct me if wrong)

Now my question is(finally) if i would use those 3 filters who are relatively cheap(£30-40 for it all) would that reduce my tds, now around 130 and make my resin last a lot longer? or is it a waste of money and space it only benefits if i actually have a RO?

Anybody who would just like to test with his TDS meter at all stages of his RO unit what the reading are? (bit of a big task sorry)

Thank you all, I hope this kind of makes sense.

Maybe just go online and look at how van mounts are set up. That way will give you an idea what kit you need as can be used static aswell.

Personally I would still use an ro/di set up in your situation and the bigger the ro/di set up you get the less time it will take to produce pure if on a water meter. If so ideally you should be looking at getting a decent 4040 ro set up or a 4021 at least as in this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/221144451989?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you actually measured that it halves your ppm as I would doubt it as all what the filter does is remove Chlorine. If you had that amount of Chlorine you would be dead.

I looked at the 3 prefilters with DI & it only reduced the TDS by 10ppm.

Also as they have the small RO tubing the water flow rate was reduced from 4.5L/min to 1.8, a hindrance to me as I like to fill my tank within an hour. I would them back inline if I was filling an IBC as the lower water flow prolongs resin.

As far as I'm aware, the 3 pre-filters don't really reduce the tds, they just remove the larger particles that can damage the membranes; in essence they preserve the membranes.

Back