Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many days/hours a week do you work on the glass?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

i work monday to friday 9a.m to 4 p.m. , just wondering what everybody else does . i only do residential

I do 9 to 5 mon / Fri

9 to half 11 sat( depending on weather mon/fri)

Sunday at request with a £5 call out charge

I work whatever hours I need to to get it done as am doing 2 jobs at the moment while building my customer base up

Inherited a round from my old crew manager last September with just over fifty properties, clean them on a six week cycle and takes about seven days. Do this as well as Wholetime firefighter (42 hours a week) and retained firefighter jobs (80 hours on call). Would like to build the round a bit more as I make more doing that than anything else but need to keep everyone happy (especially my better half) and she doesn't like me to do anything but seems to enjoy giving my earnings away.

My mum was firefighter until she got epilepsy

A few of them were on the windows on days off

shift pattern seems to suit

2 days 2 nights 4 off they did

The shift pattern is the same and gives you time to do something else, a few do window cleaning, some carry on with a trade they already had, I believe black cab driving is popular in London. I used to be a carpenter and did that occasionally but I reckon the window cleanings better (ongoing work, no materials to cost, order, pick up etc) and tools are relatively cheap (had van broken into twice and power tools stolen twice) doing the carpentry.

well er...i a lazy bar steward....i saunter off around tenish most days but could be as late as 11.30ish.....and back ...when i feel tired ..but i would never leave an area without finishing ...it would kill me to have to go back for an odd house...but i dont stop for dinner at all these days....as i found that makes me sleepy....and usually finish before 5 as i detest traffic full stop...

and never ever will i work a weekend....well okay...i painted a shop but he wanted it done when no one was there so fair enough...weekends be mine all mine../emoticons/biggrin.png...except of course for lifes little duties..

9ish and try to finish for 5 and try not to work by 6. I try to finish early on a Friday so I can collect as I find to much working a full day then collecting at night. Sat as and when required.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Only one job for me today 11- 2:30.

Screw working full time washing windows for a living. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Really depends on area n how many houses, I worked 9-5.30 a few times last week on the glass with 10-15 min break. I work til I finish an area if possible. But got some areas that are expanded n will have to split into a day n a bit which is partially annoying. The good thing is if I work like a mad man n the weather good I have mostly a week off once a month apart from a couple of jobs . What I'm aiming for would be 3 full days a week of good quality work, that's the dream.

Back