Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Anyone kitted out a car with diy wfp

Dave B

Hi peeps

Got 750 quid to spend..was goimg to get more ladders etc but thinking I could kit out my astra with a wfp setup to go with my trad gear I already have

I really fancy a bit of stick waggling and getting off the ladders

Any advice/instructions etc

Haven't got ro or anything yet

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smurf

• cheapncheerful

• Dave B

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most who go down the wfp backpack or trolley route will eventually end up with a decent size van. If like me they soon find out they need to carry more water about so to overcome payload issues and a diy van set up makes the job so much easier too.

It will be eventually going in a van but I will need it in my car for a few months..while the council is giving me a £750 grant to start up I may as well get it going then move to a van when I can afford one

I don't know where to start with wfp but want to get working with it asap

Was getting ankalad etc but decided wfp is the way to go

I need to give council a list of stuff with prices for everything I need then they will approve it and reimburse me for that stuff as I buy it..only have one month to spend it once approved

So I need to find out everything I need asap

The reason why I bought a pure freedom trolley as it has the same decent components you would find on any decent van system. Not only that can either be used static in a van aswell just by dropping in the inlet hose into a tank instead. I got feedup with humping the trolley and water about very quickly so when I got a cheap van all I bought extra was a van tank & hose reel. My ro/di system is setup static in the garden so all I do is transfer water to the tanks in the van.

What every you do don't be tempted to buy a trolley with chepo components also with a fixed tank if you intend to use it later static in a van.

Was looking at their systems and their diy setup

just finished my list of stuff

Ladder wise it is a lyte 3 section 8+ metre

Ankalad

And ankalad standoff

Not seen them before but 50 quid I will give it a go

That adds up to about 300 without materials tools etc

Can you think of anything else that would be handy equipment wise?

Probably wouldn't phaze him

Used to work for petrochemical industry doing cad

When I met my missus 18 years ago he was on £52 per hour

Slightly better off than me. .lol

yeh my daughter not so keen on getting a wet ar se the other day when i gave her a lift...oops....water gets everywhere..drip drip...:rofl:never on my seat of course...

• Like 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.