Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratched glass

garry

had a complaint 1 of lads scratched glass today, obviously hes not happy n just bought new windows. any1 any advice for me regarding getting rid of stratches or what to do? I know a window fitter worse case just thought id ask advice on here too. do any of u guys have insurance or public liability what covers damages like this??

For some reason I don't think public liability covers a window you were working on when damage took place.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Also you would know if you have caused the damage yourself surely?

had a complaint 1 of lads scratched glass today, obviously hes not happy n just bought new windows. any1 any advice for me regarding getting rid of stratches or what to do? I know a window fitter worse case just thought id ask advice on here too. do any of u guys have insurance or public liability what covers damages like this??

We built a house last year, with £30,000 windows. At the end of the job, we hired a local window cleaner before the client moved in. He managed to scratch the lot, using a Stanley blade to clean them! I'd better not mention any more as its gone to court. Scratches can be polished out at a great expense though!

it was 1 of my workers not me, who says he cant recall a scratch so tbf it might not evan be us who scratched it. its happened to me before too once last year and again I don't recall scratching itat the time of the clean then a week later I get the complaint. its annoyin when I don't know for sure it was our clean causing it

Think I'm lucky as I don't seem to attract a holes as customers unlike some.

It doesn't take a week to notice a scratch on a window surely? More like it was there all the time but he did not get very far with the installers so they both decided to put the blame on the cleaner instead. :rolleyes:

If he took a week to blame me I would have just told him to wind his neck in and **** off

That waiver is a great idea smurf

Think I'm lucky as I don't seem to attract a holes as customers unlike some.
It doesn't take a week to notice a scratch on a window surely? More like it was there all the time but he did not get very far with the installers so they both decided to put the blame on the cleaner instead. :rolleyes:
Agreed.

Anyway, he can't prove it any more then you can, so tell him to poke it.

just annoying losing a customer too n letting another cleaner loose on estate, im looking at that gleaming insurance tbh. what do people pay with these ? ill get my quote later

I would rather lose a customer then bend over and take it in the hoop when I know me/my employee didn't do anything wrong.

I had a guy last week say my new sill brush scratched a window. I just said the scratch was probably alway there but now the glass is clean and its sunny you are only just seeing it.

I had one a couple of years ago who said I had scratched a pane. I looked shocked and said "You look too intelligent to really believe a pane has been scratched with a soft bristled brush"

He looked a bit uneasy, So I continued.

"In my professional opinion the scratch has been done by a razor cleaning off paint or masonry"

He looked downcast.

"Ok, but don't tell my wife, she'll go mad"

I dropped this job on the grounds that they would happily blame me for anything that went wrong. You have to safeguard yourself.

Back