Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New ladders?

Ackroyd_82

I am going to be buying a new set of ladders soon and was thinking of going with a set of LYTE with the normal feet attached.

But when looking online I cam across these Titan ladders with supa grip feet. Anybody used these?

They look good but I have a feeling they might flap around a lot making them annoying to use.

Have a look at the link and let me know your thoughts please

http://www.midlandladders.com/products/Double_3_5m_11ft6_Trade_Light_Industrial_Ladder-11-7.html

I am used to having fixed feet. This is ideal when you need to dig your ladder in to grass or soil when doing windows that are recessed into the roof. Also I wonder how well these supagrip feet give support on chuckies?

couple of yrs ago on the clean it up forum a long time ladder guy said hed bought a set of those and they slid out on him not that long after hed bought them. straight away he fitted the spikes he had on his previous ladder

as you say ,you wont be able to dig the ladder in on dodgey ground with those feet fitted

Last edited:
The runs on the LYTE ladders sit beneath your knee cap which I find comfortable. The youngmen are the worst as they sit right on your knee cap, which becomes pretty sore after a days work. I think I will just go with the LYTE ladders.

The runs on the LYTE ladders sit beneath your knee cap which I find comfortable. The youngmen are the worst as they sit right on your knee cap, which becomes pretty sore after a days work. I think I will just go with the LYTE ladders.
what have you got at the moment ?

I knew a window cleaner who used them and said they were great. Also the feet will have studs on them, my clow group ladders have similar feet to them grass mud has never been a problem, personally I couldn't use ladders without feet.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Meant also to say I used sucker feet for years with no problems and they dug into the ground well.

I actually use wooden ladders with spikes. One of the runs broke the other day and beacuse I can't handle the weight anymore, decides on aluminium. I do like spikes though. And wood is great in winter time.

coa wood sounds heavy i like an use the industreal ladders frm h.s higher strong last years very inpressed with them i like no feet as u can dig them in soil an grass mch safer

I am going to be buying a new set of ladders soon and was thinking of going with a set of LYTE with the normal feet attached.But when looking online I cam across these Titan ladders with supa grip feet. Anybody used these?

They look good but I have a feeling they might flap around a lot making them annoying to use.

Have a look at the link and let me know your thoughts please
Get um mate, you won't regret it. I used ladders with standard plastic feet before I bought mine, I always check the footing when it doesn't look right with the one foot on the inside rung method and pushing out to check for slip and a few times I would get some movement and have to reposition or get my lad to foot it for me.

My Titans with supagrip feet were delivered in the pouring rain and the first thing I did was try them up against my rear top windows in the rain and on soaking wet grass....I was shocked, absolutely no movement at all. I've never had any movement from them, I remember how I used to have to slot my plastic feet into the groove on decking especially when wet but now with my supagrip I don't even have to think about it. I would never get complacent with them though but, on the odd occasion when I've doubted them, when I've expected a slight movement with my foot test, they haven't budged.

It's hard to explain and a video would be better but, I can see the bottom of the ladder rocking in the bracket when I foot test for slip but the feet themselves just stick solid. I've yet to test them in the more icy, cold damp weather as I've only had them about 3 months but, on what I've seen so far and how much safer I feel, I can't recommend them enough as a standalone ladder without any other safety device attached.

Mart.

I am used to having fixed feet. This is ideal when you need to dig your ladder in to grass or soil when doing windows that are recessed into the roof. Also I wonder how well these supagrip feet give support on chuckies?
I always use fixed feet for that reason and also when on gravel I do jump up and down on bottom rung to dig in a bit

Gravel always heightens my sense of wariness.

Any slight movement and I am paranoid

better than being complacent though

if they have...i hope he had his man pants on...not had that happen for ages...the last one was me running up and the ladder going sideways on a gloss painted sill ooops..

if they have...i hope he had his man pants on...not had that happen for ages...the last one was me running up and the ladder going sideways on a gloss painted sill ooops..
:rofl::rofl:

Looked at those Titan ladders a few times, wondering how the safety feet are, after the rubber mat discussion. Looks like a good ladder and good price. Swaying me to buy them, due to this post.

Latest Posts

Back