Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van off the road

SPCleaning

Yesterday my Ford Transit decided it didn't want to indicate anymore. Also the hazards have stopped working too. When I double lock all the indicators flash as they should.

So I have spent the day googling fuse boxes and relays for a 2001 transit and getting very annoyed. On top of this my normal mechanic left for his holiday today for a week and can't work his usual magic. (I think he normally whispers in the door mirror and everything is mended again).

I'm a tad stressed and think I'll pour a glass of red as I weigh up the options. /emoticons/sad.png

yeh if its any consolation divvy yet again was guided by the weather forecast...which couldnt have been more wrong...i would line em up and shoot the lot of em....except diane:love: and the female ones cause they always get the forecast right....i think..

had a drink and took my revenge on a tree in the garden....i went out to cut the top off and first saw blunt second saw blunt..but daddy bought me a bow saw for xmas....anyway just as i started to saw the wife pointed out the millions of wasps all over the tree....so that brought that to an end....or did it....a few cans later me thought the wasps dont like the rain..and feeling very brave in my cagoule and gloves went at it like a bull in a china shop.....no tree taking me.....but i am getting older dont know how long i can keep chopping em down...

i only nearly fell of once and had a branch land on my head but hey...its gone now...bloody weather men.....lost me a days pay..../emoticons/sad.png

yeh if its any consolation divvy yet again was guided by the weather forecast...which couldnt have been more wrong...i would line em up and shoot the lot of em....except diane:love: and the female ones cause they always get the forecast right....i think..
had a drink and took my revenge on a tree in the garden....i went out to cut the top off and first saw blunt second saw blunt..but daddy bought me a bow saw for xmas....anyway just as i started to saw the wife pointed out the millions of wasps all over the tree....so that brought that to an end....or did it....a few cans later me thought the wasps dont like the rain..and feeling very brave in my cagoule and gloves went at it like a bull in a china shop.....no tree taking me.....but i am getting older dont know how long i can keep chopping em down...

i only nearly fell of once and had a branch land on my head but hey...its gone now...bloody weather men.....lost me a days pay..../emoticons/sad.png
im surprised you listen to the weather forecast . all that technology and they still never get it right -and boy do they love to make it sound like a hurricanes "biggest storm in decades coming " "dont go out unless its essential "iv heard that said at least 3 times this year

Auto Electrician booked for Monday Afternoon. Fingers crossed I'll be back out earning on Tuesday. /emoticons/smile.png

Auto Electrician booked for Monday Afternoon. Fingers crossed I'll be back out earning on Tuesday. /emoticons/smile.png
hope ya get her sorted cheap and back on the road quick

those magic diagnostics work wonders

be worth checking that you have 12v at both sides of the fuse for the indicators in the fuse box . best way is with a multimeter but you can do it with a bulb and small piece of wire

It is a headache, I rang three guys this morning before I could get someone to agree to take a look. Most couldn't touch it for a week. The guy that I booked with happened to have a job on Monday close to me so has agreed to make a slot on the grounds that I'm a small business too.

I so wish I understood vehicle electrics. My van doesn't match any of the diagrams on google. Nightmare!

i used to be a mechanic, but dont miss it one bit. i know transits used to have the flasher relay sitting inside the column shroud right near the stalks but its over 7 yrs ago i last looked at a tranny and yours might not be in the same place . first step would be to check for power at the fuse then next see if the power is getting to the flasher relay . i shouldnt think itll take ur man long to find out the problem

I wouldn't bother fixing it if it's a white tranny

People don't expect them to indicate anyway:rofl:

Just a typical white van man

My dad was auto sparky and taught me

Devon is a bit of a treck for me though:laugh:

My dad was auto sparky and taught meDevon is a bit of a treck for me though:laugh:
Shame.......... This guy was supposed to be here hour and half ago and his phone goes to answer phone......:rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back