Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quality of work - how important is that

S

sdrah

regardless if I clean using a squeegee or wfp - I always check and re-clean if necessary - and sometimes I have complaints about a minor mark I missed ...

but how about this

2014_08_02_18_10_20.jpg

not sure if you can see from the pic but believe me is really bad ... and no is not from inside as Ive cleaned all internal windows as part of a spring clean ...

I know the customer for 7 years now - and I clean everything in and around their house apart from windows LOL - cos they have a window cleaner apparently - who cleans every 6 wks ...

In other words leaving a sparkling window is not so important vs the ability to know how to sell your service ....

Hmmm something not right about that as the dirt marks are not consistent with squeegee, they have been cleaned with a cloth someone's telling porkies. Maybe the window got particularly dirty one month and owner gave it a scrub before window cleaner was due, because cant see how anyone ie window cleaner would leave windows like that.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

nope - not the owner definitely - I don't know what he uses but all windows a the same , like a car windscreen wipers lol never touches the corner

regardless if I clean using a squeegee or wfp - I always check and re-clean if necessary - and sometimes I have complaints about a minor mark I missed ...
but how about this

2014_08_02_18_10_20.jpg

not sure if you can see from the pic but believe me is really bad ... and no is not from inside as Ive cleaned all internal windows as part of a spring clean ...

I know the customer for 7 years now - and I clean everything in and around their house apart from windows LOL - cos they have a window cleaner apparently - who cleans every 6 wks ...

In other words leaving a sparkling window is not so important vs the ability to know how to sell your service ....
Looks to me like the seals might be going, when they do you sometimes get cleaning marks from the manufacturer in the inside, between the glass. Then it will develop into that cloudiness that you get. So it could be that the seals are on the way out. Or it could scrim marks if your customer's windy is still doing it the old way with chammy and scrim.

At least whoever tried :rofl:

but how about this

2014_08_02_18_10_20.jpg

Looks to me like the windy is cleaning their windows with cloths...very quickly....and not worrying about the edges. A bish bash bosh window cleaner. Disgraceful.

That's what I was thinking aswell to be honest. It's hard to tell from the pic but could be a ground floor window for all we know /emoticons/biggrin.png

looks like someone lent out the window to clean that and just couldnt reach that last little bit

is not a ground floor window . Few years ago I asked if they need a window cleaner : P as I didn't know they already got one - and I was told that they are happy to pay me too but still keep the other window cleaner and I said no thanks let him do the job - is his customer anyway ..

I only clean their windows when I do the conservatory roof and gutters - once / twice a year

It defo looks like someone has attempted to do it from the inside then. I bet that window is over the conservatory too which the other cleaner can't reach it.

well I don't know it could be - however I don't think the owner tried to clean them from inside - they just won't do that I know - not from inside not from outside .. and is not only that window (which isn't above the conservatory)

May be the gardener tried to clean the dust after using his petrol blower - who knows ... : )

ive fully decorated the master bedroom few days ago and I thought to clean that window from outside as it didn't look good as per above photo - done it and looked great . Today I went to check how the paint has dried etc to discover that the window cleaner "cleaned" the windows again - and all windows are mucked again lol

this is the same window

2014_08_06_17_35_46.jpg

and here is a ground floor window

2014_08_06_17_40_27.jpg

im shocked ... cowboy window cleaner

I think you are taking your job way too seriously. As you do the jobs you get asked to do and paid for so should not concern yourself about things that you don't. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I get what you're saying smurf but I hate to see dirty windows for 1 and 2 I hate to see people gettimg ripped off for a job I can do properly and keep the money in my pocket

I just think there are too many people doing a half arsed job out there and those of us who would do a proper job not getting the work

That's life bud and it's up to ppl to get rid if they are not happy with a window cleaner.

Latest Posts

Back