Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you guys deal with window vents?

choco

A lot of my first cleans on windows with vents have come out a right mess. I spend a lot of time scrubbing them, and rinsing first clean. Come back later that night and there's a lot of drip marks. Windows without the vents are perfect? Does this normally just happen first clean? My mate who works with me doesnt touch them with the pole but they come out perfect, to me it seems lazy and half arsed though, but it works.. any tips, or should i just not touch them as well?

Depends what state they are in and where the vents are to be honest if I clean around the vent opening or not.

I only clean the frames to the sides & bit underneath carefully on the upstairs windows. On the downstairs windows I always use a damp sill cloth every 2/3 cleans.

yep i new to wfp but vents defo dodgy.:eek:..the sh it it comes for ever....best to miss em if you can....but kinda hard to do twenty foot up.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I do clean the vents, but if the side bits of the vent with the screws are discolored beware! The discoloration means the plastic is aged, weak and will snap off easily - be warned. These side bits of the vents are made with a different type of plastic are do become brittle.

Anyway, back to cleaning them… if you give them a good clean the first time, you normally don't have an issue subsequent cleans.

I always go back over first cleans for a 2nd rinse after the whole house is done. When I do this, I don't touch the frame with my rinse and am especially careful not to touch the top frame. This works for me.

some vents can b cleaned but most play up i usly clean eather side of vent an leve the vent its self as its more hassel than its wrth ive also started cleaning top fraim every other time as it saves so mch time an u wouldent no any different as they stay clean:cool: agreed fans r harder to rinse acrautly^^^^^

any windows with vents always miss, this battered my head when I first started clean top frames or not,

top frames only get cleaned on bottom windows if really bad mainly on first cleans

I was told to avoid vents when I started, but I decided not too. Reason being once you've got the vents clean it makes your future cleans a lot easier and less awkward. After cleaning them I turn water off and run edge of brush under them, this eliminates the drips mostly.

don't squirt water directly into vents as the water can go inside the house :eek:

Yes I'm aware of that which is why on first clean I turn my brush upside down and clean the buggers out.

You can clean a vent grill with the water turned off as the wfp brush will be wet or wipe with a damp microfiber cloth on ground floor window vents so there is no need to squirt water in them;)

hi and welcome AJ windows..er i just too scared to tackle vents...or top frames at the mo...but hey ..i clean the top seal proper../emoticons/biggrin.png and then ..its the keir flick...

Back