Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Fan jets vs pencil jets

andy1992

Hi guys, if your double jetting a brush is it better to have fan jets nearer the centre of the brush head and pencils on the outer or vice versa? Also is it ok to have jets on extreme outer as these seen to ve the only other pre drilled holes that fit my jets?

Cheers

Still waiting for a brush with both jet types that can be selected for preference, probably requires solar powered microelectronics with remote control or something...

Or maybe an inline on/off switch :D

I believe Reach-It supply a fitting for doing just this - 'Sam Johnston' fitting or something like that.

Or maybe an inline on/off switch :D

I believe Reach-It supply a fitting for doing just this - 'Sam Johnston' fitting or something like that.

You mean John Guest?

Yeah that would work, 2 T types from the jets going into another T type with a switch. You would still have to collapse the pole though or remember which of your thousands of windows are hydrophobic!

If i'm honest fan jets seem to work well for me on both types of glass so to be honest I can't see the point myself. If for some strange reason I want pencil jets then it's just as quick to change the brush over as all of my brushes have quick loq fittings on them.

I only use fans for pvc and cladding, but i put some wide angle fans in last week to do the car with, previously they were narrow angle. i might try them for windows they were bloody amazing, gonna experiment tomorrow when i'm back on'th windows

I use wide fans jets :thumbsup:

I only use fans for pvc and cladding, but i put some wide angle fans in last week to do the car with, previously they were narrow angle. i might try them for windows they were bloody amazing, gonna experiment tomorrow when i'm back on'th windows

Had a play with wide fans today, i have only one brush with them which is a sill brush.

I think i'm getting the knack of it, i like it a lot !!!

Rinsing on the glass.....no worries. Just gonna get some for a couple of other brushes. Only thing is the ones i have are gardiners wide, but the sit quite proud. I can only find one set of brass ones and not sure how good they'll be.

Do you know which jets you've got smurf?

I have a set off pencil jets and fan jets on my gardiner medium dt brush and I just use my fan jets just now for all windows, hydrophilic and hydrophobic, no complaints so far. Can quickly change over as have john guest fitting.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Super-Lite--High-Flow-Narrow-Fan-Jets-per-Pair-FAN_JETS_RED.html

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Push-Fit-T-Connector-for-QuicK-LoQ-System-PUSH_FIT_866HOSE.html

I think my fan jets are on inside, as pencil jets were already on outside- its in the car, in the garage and im on my comfy chair.

• Like 1

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.