Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad 3 - wfp nil

Joshua D

I clean this road and I have every house but 3, today that changed one came out asked me some questions about wfp. How does it work? I said it's 100% pure water pumped from a water tank into a brush when the water dries the window should be clean.

She then said her window cleaner came on Saturday in pouring rain and she asked him how can you clean in the rain he said they add something to the PURE water? I just laughed and thought pure water isn't pure if they add stuff to it? anyone ever heard such sillyness?

Anyway the 3 I didn't clean said that after he left the next Day they were all the Windows where still dirty, so got 3 New custys now I clean the hole road happy man today /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be good to get a whole road mate. My round is getting more and more compact but it would be great to walk a whole street and not have to drive to jobs.

oh joshua...dodgy ground...bit of a war on here...or is that brush wars ...i get mixed up:rofl:

i have to say....if you trad them in pouring rain...you may get the same result...me...i love both methods...i a true hybrid windy.../emoticons/biggrin.png

the more compact the work the better just like monopoly.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I like to trad in the rain..don't need to (add anything) to my ecover and vinegar and windows still gleaming..nothing against wfp as am gradually getting some stuff together but surely you can work in the rain

we will find out on wednesday....booked in and will be done...i sick of too many people mithering me when i not had a break.../emoticons/biggrin.png

If the rain is dripping/bouncing off the house structure onto the window then it doesn't matter what cleaning method is used.

what i never get is....its a nice sunny day...you happy ...custy happy....pays up...chucks it down all day next day...

its a rainy day...custy moans ...job done okay...but moans again when they pay...next day sunny...

cant win em all...

Lol I know you can work in the rain I do when no one is in, it's rubbish this guy came out with and the bodge of a job he did, I didn't see one clean sill they where all filthy including the bottom! I don't have a problem with wfp just wish people would use it properly and not make things up to try and get more work.

I don't see the difference. .bad weather tomorrow and windows cleaned today or bad weather today and windows cleaned..still clean then rained on

Well done Joshua. A whole road is good. It takes time and patience to get a nice compact round. Its amazing how much more money you make when you park the car up and dont have to move it until home time.

Maybe your op should have been posted in the trad section:D

Lol I know you can work in the rain I do when no one is in, it's rubbish this guy came out with and the bodge of a job he did, I didn't see one clean sill they where all filthy including the bottom! I don't have a problem with wfp just wish people would use it properly and not make things up to try and get more work.

i dont know what the difference is really...trad or wfp ..both leave the window clean and the rain ...well it happens...its britain after all....i cant wait to see what i do on wednesday if it is as bad as they say...get me hood up and carry on..

Yes well done mate

Like I said before any method that works is good

But the people who do a half arsed job really get my back up

Except the road near me where I got 5 new jobs the other day cos regular guy is actually irregular and does a shoddy job

Carry on mate if I am gonna get your work

But it gives us all a bad name

Whether you use a chamois, squeegee or WFP you can do a below standard job, or you can do a great job.

It's not the tools but the attitude of the user, and that attitude can alter daily. If you strive to always leave a job in the best condition you can you won't loose jobs like the guy in Joshua's road.

sometimes you just have to lose money...to win...and i will always, never leave a half done job...money doesnt mean that much to me the job is most important.....

except for a certain £75 job...:eek::eek::eek:

i dont know what the difference is really...trad or wfp ..both leave the window clean and the rain ...well it happens...its britain after all....i cant wait to see what i do on wednesday if it is as bad as they say...get me hood up and carry on..
Ah,but you're forgetting an important point cnc... Pure water was blessed in the heavens by angels, and apparently it's the only thing Chuck Norris is scared of. ...at least that's what it says in the brochures.

:hehehe:

it certainly is funny stuff...:rofl:

well he said his old windy did the job in and out for £75 from ten til four so i said okay if he can do it so can i ....without seeing the house..

it was all leadeds...and no way could the old windy do it in that time frame...so i had to cheat..or be cheated....and if you want a nice job in middlewhich...let me have your number to pass on.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I would lose money rather than do a crappy job

That's why a lot of my work is recommendation and why I did a £55 townhouse for homes and mortgages earlier as they used me once and now won't use anyone else

Back