Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Allotment pics for daveyboy

keir

Took some today, its not far off a good strim but still looks reasonably tidy

This is as you go through the gate, there's a little waterfall into the pool and loads of brown trout in there, keep mean to get a dingy to paddle around on lol

This the main allotment, corn on the cob is a new one this year

Noticed your spuds and onions are still in davey, our spuds have been eaten already and the onions are up too

Looking across to the baby orchid, apple, pear, cherry and plum tree's, also gooseberries,black currants and raspberries. You can just about see the shed in the back ground

Tomatoes, peppers and pumpkins in here

My scaffold bridge across to the orchid, and the new water butt i put in in march, got sick of the blue bins filling with mosquitos and leaf litter, i pump water from the stream into the ibc its a life saver.

[/url

Looking back over to the big plot

Plum tree, apple tree and the currants and raspberries, this autumns job is to make a frame over them and permanently net them

If you look at the terraces the one with the black slates on the bay with black stone is my mum and dads, and i live a hundred yards round the corner, basically this is my garden, next to the main plot on the side of the tunnel is an 18 hole golf course. Its mint i love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good plot..not many sites are that nice looking.

My pics are a few months old..

Only a few spuds left in..those onions you can see are actually elephant garlic.

The onions are hidden on the right of the pic

Chillis in polytunnel..scotch bonnet and alabama reaper mostly..and a few ghost chillis.. (gotta have it hot)

I used to have just the plot nearest the camera but the other guy got too old to handle it so took the back one too..another guy is getting on a bit so is lending me a half plot to move my spuds for a year or 2

Now my Labrador would love that stream, very, very nice Keir. /emoticons/wink.png

Whoa!! they are beautiful mate

Your plots look really well organised, how long have you had them?

Now my Labrador would love that stream, very, very nice Keir. /emoticons/wink.png
Hahaha tell me about it my collie spends all day in there and drives me mad by keeping bringing me sticks to throw in. This is him bullying me again after about the thousandth time

And it turns out our whippet thinks he,s a lab, he was swimming round like a goodun last week lol

keir wife says ahhhh..to the dog pics...we have a collie too...cant watch corrie cause it goes mad everytime baby oleg comes on...

i a little bit...peeved at both of your pics....well i did have plenty of raspberries ...till the wasps moved in....and usually ...two dogs ruin anything that grows...

Hahaha nice one, my sister in laws collie go's mental at the tv all the time, any animal and anyone with brown skin!!!!

Mine, on the other hand is perfect lol, he comes to work with me and gets seriously pampered.

Infact he got me a few jobs the other week, he was sitting on someones wall looking like a statue surveying his kingdom and the owner came out and fell in love with him, but they thought he was a stray cause i was round the corner, when i came round they asked if i knew who's he was and when i said he was mine, they were astounded how good he is, got chatting i now clean their windows lol

i a little bit...peeved at both of your pics....well i did have plenty of raspberries ...till the wasps moved in....and usually ...two dogs ruin anything that grows...

Hahaha reminds me of the other week when i was harvesting the berries for jam production and the whippet thought he had died and gone to heaven, he was taking 1 raspberry for my 3 or 4 the little get lol, he eats anything that thing lmao

yeh i remember my big pear a few years ago on my miniature tree....i watched it grow....and the wife broke the news that it was no more...as doggy likes pears...grrrrr

Trying to find room at the mo for about 80 kilos of spuds a tonne of onions 2 carrier bags full of garlic and enough courgettes to sink a ship

Only had em 2 years keir..had 1 big plot on the other side before that..was all clay and horrible

these ones are good soil..can walk all over it and still just pick up a lump and crumble it in my hand

Tomatoes, peppers and pumpkins in here
What a lovely plot keir. I bet you cant wait to finish all your windows so that you can head for the allotment

My scaffold bridge across to the orchid, and the new water butt i put in in march, got sick of the blue bins filling with mosquitos and leaf litter, i pump water from the stream into the ibc its a life saver.

[/url

Looking back over to the big plot

Plum tree, apple tree and the currants and raspberries, this autumns job is to make a frame over them and permanently net them

If you look at the terraces the one with the black slates on the bay with black stone is my mum and dads, and i live a hundred yards round the corner, basically this is my garden, next to the main plot on the side of the tunnel is an 18 hole golf course. Its mint i love it.

The guy who had the plot before put so much of the black stuff in it and used to walk all over it then dig a groove and put peat in it to plant seeds as ground was so hard

safe to say nothing ever rooted properly

I dug the whole lot over with some manure and not had to do anything with it for 2 years as all the ingredients were there..just needed a good mix

And the comfrey juice me and my mate make works wonders(and stinks)

ohhh i bet it dont stink like the cabbage leaf juice i made once....:eek:

great photos great job...i just about to level my garden and start again....i will win...

Thanks bud, yeah its like a lottery win. I know i'm biased but i honestly think its the best plot in burnley, and the plus side is we never run out of water!

Davey, do you get your manure free?

I can get tons for free, a good mate of mine has stables, i dont know where youre based but if youre nearby i can get a trailer load for ya

Latest Posts

Back