Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unscrewing di vessel top - any tips?

SPCleaning

Mine are the devils own job to get off. Drives me crazy.

I wedge the vessel between my legs gripping a pair of rubber gloves to prevent slide. Put on another pair of gloves and then hurt my hands whilst I struggle to get the thing to unscrew.

This morning I cant move the damn thing..............

Never had a problem, sounds like you're over tightening it. It don't need horsing up as the o-ring provides the seal.

the rubber gloves are a great idea...also try using a kettle of hot water over it first as thermal expansion may help...not had to do mine yet.../emoticons/smile.png

Sounds like a job for........2 people!

I find that the pair of DI vessels I use can be quite difficult to undo after a few months of use. I get my long-suffering wife to firmly hold the base of the DI vessel and using the fittings on the head to grab on to I unscrew the vessel head. I find that this works well.

Cheers guys,.............I used the 2 people method. My wife was happy to assist. Also I found swearing helps. /emoticons/smile.png

yeh i have noticed a lot of swearing since i started wfp....:rolleyes: especially at the bloody pipe work...
My son says that wfp will soon discover if you prone to any Tourette's syndrome tendencies. This is why he mainly uses his backpack as there are no hoses to get tangled up.

What I find amasing is how my wfp hose is able to get so tangled up. Dragging your hose out to the furthest point and working back seems work in theory but not always in practice.

Seriously though, a band wrench is probably the correct tool to use. The sort of thing you'd loosen an oil filter with.

I just need to remember to make sure there is water in the damn thing when opening the di as I broke the down pipe a few months ago opening it when resin had clearly dried in tight around the down pipe.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Not being funny but the key is to screw the top tightly but not over-tightly. Then its a doddle to unscrew when needed. If the top is not absolutely flat and level when you screw it onvessel then your going to have problems taking it off again! If you start to have resistance when screwing lid on then unscrew immediately and rinse threads of any resin and screw back completely level. This way you wont need poles and arms like popeye to unscrew!

how-to-draw-popeye-easy_1_000000015557_5.png

I always thought you looked a bit like popeye so a pipe would defo be a good idea JD:D

got gd tip on here ages ago,

when filling your di vessel unscrew the rod attached to the vessel cap

leave the rod in vessel fill the vessel with ressin

fit screw cap to rod makes it so much easier hayho

Back