Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Is it ok to washing microfibre/wipes with scrims and sill clothes?

slippy

Is it ok to wash a micofibre cloth with scrim and sill cloths, it says on the packet not to. Also, do you have to dry them naturally, I have just been putting them in the dryer. Is this a problem?

Guest sdrah

Am I the only window cleaner who doesn't use scrims?!

I had few in the past but I just find the microfiber better than everything . I have a friend who runs a laundry shop and she gave me 40 white towels lol

I cutted them in pieces and now got 3 bin bags full of microfibers : )

I stopped using scrims last year. Microfibres are so much better and more modern. Easy to wash and no soaking in bleach no breaking in and no fluff when they start wearing. Oh and they look nicer not dirty brown...

• Like 1

who can afford a dryer? i have learnt its defo best to do the microfibres all together on thier own...using about two a day at the mo...maybe i should work harder....:D

Scrim is made from hemp

Hemp only has 1 good use as far as I am aware:whistle:

Microfibre only now and never tumble dry..think it ruins the structure or something as they don't absorb water as much after

• Like 1

hey your right me daddy does use it for that...fancy thinking you could have other uses for it....its actually very good for so so many things....and of course...what america does today...we do tomorrow...so watch out for some nice new coffee shops opening soon...:D

good question dave....i think its the same as microfibre but with what looks like fish scale pattern on....mr taytay was my expert and there are two types as one catches on rough leadeds i bought and use both types...:)

i would also like to add..as with everything...you get what you pay for...i bought a load of cheap microfibre...and....they are not as good...

eh thought i had fish scale but actually have waffle :rolleyes:

washed them with soapy applicator :rolleyes: and had to use my scrim cus they smeared

liked scrim and now confused o_O

paragon do them @daveyboy1 good bit of kit 5 for £15 something like that

yep my scrims now my sill cloths...there you go mrtaytay to the rescue...i may even order some more....i just like to have spare....thanks again and cheers mr taytay..:)

good question dave....i think its the same as microfibre but with what looks like fish scale pattern on....mr taytay was my expert and there are two types as one catches on rough leadeds i bought and use both types...:)

i would also like to add..as with everything...you get what you pay for...i bought a load of cheap microfibre...and....they are not as good...

The large (80cm x 60cm) fineweave glass microfibres are brilliant as well....they get better with loads of use and washing ( no fabric conditioner or tumble drying)

im gonna get some more off the ebay links you gave me....as i wash them all together and need to build up my reserves..its a bit of a thing now..i couldnt do a job with out your magic cloths...:rofl:

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.