Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£16 too much?

I was asked for a quote today for the house in the middle. She wants all the windows you can see cleaned, plus two similar size windows round the back and spme patio doors.

I'm inclined to tell her £16, but her neighbour across the street (with the same house) wants hers doing too, so should I drop it a bit or stick to my guns?

y6y4epad.jpg

If that's your price, then stick to it. There is no need for discounts when you haven't even worked for them yet. Let them earn it.

I would never drop the price only because ive got another customer nearby - what happens when you stop cleaning one of these houses ?

I would charge more for a first clean myself so that way you don't get stitched up if it turns out a one-off clean. 3 storey work is also a high risk job using ladders so be careful bud.

Personally I don't charge more for a first clean for a regular but would not drop the price because there is another job close

You should have a minimum you would accept to do the job so why would you go lower

Personally I don't charge more for a first clean for a regular but, it's about time I bloody did....I'm sick of spending an hour for 8 quid cause I think it'll only take me 20 minutes next time....it rarely does !

Mart.

We all live and learn bud but time is money as they say.

Personally I don't charge more for a first clean for a regular but, it's about time I bloody did....I'm sick of spending an hour for 8 quid cause I think it'll only take me 20 minutes next time....it rarely does !
Mart.

I got so sick of spending twice the amount of time for £7 and they end up being summer one offs. So my new policy from 2 weeks ago is first clean £10 front and same back... and I wasn't bothered if I loose a quote because I am already maxed out. You know what... they where happy to pay... bugger and almost all are now regulars. I think people like it when they pay a price and then get a "discount" for all the other cleans. I think im onto a good business model.

Sorry I disagree but that's down to the individual I suppose.

You start charging more for first cleans when you got plenty of work & couldn't care less being rejected.

if 16 is what you charge normally then stick to your guns . as said earlier this high stuff is risky ,in winter really risky -so well worth charging a bit more for

I always charge double for first cleans, and sometimes it still doesn't feel like enough. But it weeds out the chaff, and acts as a guarentee from the spring cleaners.

You start charging more for first cleans when you got plenty of work & couldn't care less being rejected.
I woouldn't say I have a lot of work however I don't do cheap first cleans anymore . Many ppl say regular to get you clean their windows cheap then NO mo Required thank you ...

i always say "do you want a regular clean or simply a one off ? "

i say it as if either way is okay by me. and i say it Before i give any price. iv learnt that the wrong way is to give a price first then find they only want a one off because then they switch to trying it on with a false promise of becoming a regular , once they realize there is 2 prices

Mart.

ditto....one today ...can you do a one off...er....let me think....er...no...sorry but i am booked up today....well i am...and i want a break....grrrrr

today I quoted £15 for 6 windows one off - normally I would charge about 8-10 quid . very close to my house so I said £15 and told the customer if you call me again in next month or two then is gonna be 9 paunds

Just got asked can I clean brothers brother in laws house

5 bed townhouse full conny across back with garage conversion

I know the house and reckon it must be worth a few quid

Yep and some will still tell you porkies too with no intention on having it done regular.

i always say "do you want a regular clean or simply a one off ? "
i say it as if either way is okay by me. and i say it Before i give any price. iv learnt that the wrong way is to give a price first then find they only want a one off because then they switch to trying it on with a false promise of becoming a regular , once they realize there is 2 prices

Back