Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Getting my water below 10

AJ windows

Had my filter system set up for 3 weeks now and upon taking a reading today when I switched on my reading was 47. So I flushed system and changed the resin and I'm struggling to get it below 10. Very hard water are! Any ideas? Thanks

Is that 010 after RO as that would probably the best you will get it. When you first open your ro membrane your ppm will always be high then drops after a few minutes. That is why you should if your ro has been static for a while flush your system first.

A 10 minute flush is all that's required really, I'd put money on it being your resin canister not sealing correctly I'd take it off and put on a new rubber seal and try again , your resin would possibly be shot now aswell

Even if you put your tap water straight through your resin it would produce 0 for a short time !! So if your getting 10's your ro unit is working well, your fault is with your resin cannister, if these are twisted when fitted even slightly they will never sit correct I'd buy another cannister and have it going through both

So what did purefreedom say was wrong with your 200 gpd ro?

Had my filter system set up for 3 weeks now and upon taking a reading today when I switched on my reading was 47. So I flushed system and changed the resin and I'm struggling to get it below 10. Very hard water are! Any ideas? Thanks
Might be a silly question but have you also checked you have put the refillable di tube in the right way around into your 10" di canister. Big arrow on the side of it pointing up ?

Yes it was upside down, have changed resin again and corrected and getting a reading of 4 at the moment.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.