Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiring in pump controller

I am in the middle of setting up my WFP system.

I am at the stage of wiring the pump and controller in, I have got 4 wires from the controller (Red, Black, Blue and Brown).

My pump is a 100PSI Shureflo.

I have the Red from the controller to positive feed.

I have the Black from the controller to earth.

I have the Black from the pump to Blue on the controller.

And the Red from the pump to the Brown from the controller.

Now is this the correct way around as I seem to have constant power at the pump and the controller doesn't turn the pump or off when holding the "ENTER" arrow and neither is it controlling the flow rate when pressing the up/down arrows.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Ive checked my wiring against my dads which is the same pump and controller.

I have a gut feeling the controller has gone tits up.

As soon as i connect the live feed to the battery the pump runs even though there is no power at the controller.

I can turn off the controller and the pump carries on running.

The rate at which the water flows is unaffected with the adjustments on the controller also.

Even with the controller set at 0 the pump still keeps running even though it should stop. /emoticons/sad.png

OK, Ive checked my wiring against my dads which is the same pump and controller.I have a gut feeling the controller has gone tits up.

As soon as i connect the live feed to the battery the pump runs even though there is no power at the controller.

I can turn off the controller and the pump carries on running.

The rate at which the water flows is unaffected with the adjustments on the controller also.

Even with the controller set at 0 the pump still keeps running even though it should stop. /emoticons/sad.png

This sounds like a Spring Controller.

Email Ian Sheppard at

[email protected]

and tell him your findings and ask for his suggestion. They do offer a repair service.

You will need to supply the controller details; model number and serial number should be on the back.

I am in the middle of setting up my WFP system.I am at the stage of wiring the pump and controller in, I have got 4 wires from the controller (Red, Black, Blue and Brown).

My pump is a 100PSI Shureflo.

I have the Red from the controller to positive feed.

I have the Black from the controller to earth.

I have the Black from the pump to Blue on the controller.

And the Red from the pump to the Brown from the controller.

Now is this the correct way around as I seem to have constant power at the pump and the controller doesn't turn the pump or off when holding the "ENTER" arrow and neither is it controlling the flow rate when pressing the up/down arrows.
You have wired this correctly - see photo. Is this a new controller or a SH one that you had previously had working correctly? If it is a new controller then it should be under warranty (unless previously reverse wired).

Had you tried wiring it up differently previous to this? If so you may have blown the protection diode inside the unit. This can be replaced by Spring if this is the case.

View attachment 2805

This sounds like a Spring Controller.
Email Ian Sheppard at

[email protected]

and tell him your findings and ask for his suggestion. They do offer a repair service.

You will need to supply the controller details; model number and serial number should be on the back.
Hi Spruce, Thanks for your reply.

I will get the controller details tomorrow as its mounted to a plate in my van, I will also e-mail Ian tomorrow once i know all the controller details.

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

You have wired this correctly - see photo. Is this a new controller or a SH one that you had previously had working correctly? If it is a new controller then it should be under warranty (unless previously reverse wired).
Had you tried wiring it up differently previous to this? If so you may have blown the protection diode inside the unit. This can be replaced by Spring if this is the case.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. It is a controller i had that was working, I only changed the pump.

Maybe one of the wires have touched (Like a numpty i left it connected at the battery) And has possibly blown the protection diode then grrrr 5 steps forward, 10 steps back lol.

Any ideas on how much i am looking at if its the diode? Or better off just buying a new controller?

Hi Alex,Thanks for the reply. It is a controller i had that was working, I only changed the pump.

Maybe one of the wires have touched (Like a numpty i left it connected at the battery) And has possibly blown the protection diode then grrrr 5 steps forward, 10 steps back lol.

Any ideas on how much i am looking at if its the diode? Or better off just buying a new controller?
It does sound like something has blown during live transfer /emoticons/sad.png

If it is the Diode then it will be about £25 to have spring check it over and repair.

Here are Spring's contact details -

Main Office 01892 662078

Sales 01892 888678 or 07507 980159

[email protected]

Units 9 & 14 April Court

Sybron Way

Crowborough

East Sussex

TN6 3DZ

hi and welcome Window Cleener great title...hope it all works out okay../emoticons/smile.png
Hi CnC.

Thanks for the welcome. My name is Lee hence the user name Window cLEEner lol.

Ive got a gut feeling now that the diode has gone pop. Its all setup the same way as my dads. Never mind ill send it off for repair. But a tip for you all never do a live transfer /emoticons/sad.png

Hi CnC.Thanks for the welcome. My name is Lee hence the user name Window cLEEner lol.

Ive got a gut feeling now that the diode has gone pop. Its all setup the same way as my dads. Never mind ill send it off for repair. But a tip for you all never do a live transfer /emoticons/sad.png
Someone brought a replacement diode from the electronics shop for 54p and soldered in himself.

I'm not electronics savvy at all but it looks like the part is in the first photo D6. Maybe someone else will inform you better, such as the person who did the other repair.

yeh my guess too spruce....google it and someone will have done it...probably easier to snip of the legs of the diode and attach the new one straight to the legs as if you hang around too long the print starts coming away from the board..if the other diode is open circuit you could just tag on top of it....:)er make sure the direction is the same....good luck..keep us informed..

Google hasn't come up with anything that I can find.

Hopefully i can find out which part im suppose to be changing soon, Then I can start looking for someone that sells this bit /emoticons/smile.png

Back