Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Damp profing back of van

Neil

Hello everyone been a while since I've been on here! Been busy with things, fractured rib at the moment as well :(

Any way I am getting my new van this week coming and I need to make sure it's waterproof inside, any ideas of other ways apart from protektakote? As I hate the stuff!!! Lol

It's always been my opinion that it's better to have a leak free system than to attempt to waterproof the rear of the van. In over ten years of wfp I've never needed to waterproof the rear of any van- I don't have a fixed reel though. I have a mini Torbeck float valve in my tank to prevent any overflow, all my connections are barbed elbows & Hozelock type fittings- if these start to drip I just replace the rubber O rings to cure.

If you must waterproof, fiberglass is an excellent solution.

• Like 2

I didn't waterproof my transit, mainly because it is old and I felt not worth the investment. However, very little water gets split.

Non of my joints leak and I have set up an overflow so if I overfill the tank it runs straight out of the van.

If I was having a brand new van I'd probably do so, and I would get a fibreglass kit.

Did you put an undercoat before you applied the swimming pool paint on because it says to do that in the description of the link you put up? Or did you just paint straight on? Soz for all the questions lol, if you spill water on the floor of the van does the water just sit on top like it should?

Nar didn't use primer just stuck 2 coats on and ye if water goes on just sits there till u clean it up or runs off if your on a steep hill lol easy to apply aswell but strong smell so make sure van doors are open or you'll be high as a kite lol that's the finish in the back of my van before I installed my tank sorry about my dog he wanted in on the pic lol image.jpg.bd863449a21f94a4408346fdb2e0bfa6.jpg

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.