Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New leisure battery

Neil

Where can I get a good priced battery from to get my system going ?

Thanks in advance

i need a battery which will keep going a full day - at the moment I use two small batteries which still do pretty well

I paid about £100 or a little less I think. Next time im just going to go to the scrappy and get a coupe of cheap car batteries.

ok then - I think im gonna buy another small battery for 12 quid and it will be enough for another year

I got an electrical company to wire my van up 3 years ago and they put a new battery in and it's still going now !! Not had to charge it once but I've just started to notice that the negative terminal has acid stuff round it all corroding and I was told I needed a new one is this true? Or can I clean it off

You could try to disconnect the battery then use a wire brush to clean the terminal then put vaseline on it before connect it back up. However if the battery is damaged/leaking then best get it replaced.

I got an electrical company to wire my van up 3 years ago and they put a new battery in and it's still going now !! Not had to charge it once but I've just started to notice that the negative terminal has acid stuff round it all corroding and I was told I needed a new one is this true? Or can I clean it off

That's what I was thinking smurf , I paid around £140 for the battery but has lasted me soo long

I use leisure batteries to power my house. You can get 88 amp hour batteries (12v dc) for fifty quid or so. Remember you should never run a battery below half! Don't use a car battery! They're designed to discharge all their power in one go ( to turn your engine over).

Sealed maintenance free lead acid batteries are great. I'm thinking of putting a small solar panel on my dash board, to keep my battery topped up. This'll will increase the life of the battery and save me hassle of remembering to charge it.

I stopped to have a chat with a lad working across the road from me and found him in the back of his van having battery problems. Turned out he was using the cheapo ones you use :rolleyes:

I said to him "Surely it makes more sense if you are busy to buy decent leisure batteries that are up to the job" /emoticons/biggrin.png

yes every evening - almost 2hrs for each one /emoticons/sad.png

Back