Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder

rshandyman

what is the height of the ladder you use the most? I have 3 section ladder but I need lighter one for every day jobs what do you think..?

i use a 10 rung double trade ladder made by Lyte ,does all regular houses and small enough closed up to get round corners . in fact iv 2 of these ladders that my workers use .

only downside is when they are brand new they have some sharp edges on the metal fittings , i spent an hour filing these off with a small file

Yep, pretty happy with my 10 rung double too. Very light and gets to most windows, but if I take this out for the day I always need to bring a triple for the odd house- especially if I am doing first cleans without having seen the place first.

I have ordered a lyte 3 section 12 rung for my new ladder..just waiting for that and my ankalad to turn up

Won't be much I can't do then

Already dug out an old file boar..thanks for the tip

I think it is 8+ metres in total

3rd section will live on me car roof most of the time

I use a titan 13 rung ladder. Its 6.1 meters when fully extended. Weighs in at 13kg......I wouldnt want to be carrying round an heavier ladder all day.

I want to go for Double 10 rungs 5.15 fully extended as I have triple 10 metres ready on the top of my van for higher jobs.

I have a handy 3 section 7 rung jobbie that is also a combi ladder with the straps to turn it into a 2 section stepladder type thing

Good for conservatories and a lot of the normal terraced houses I do..but sometimes the high bathroom windows are just too far up

Is just too small that it forces you to stretch a bit sometimes

I have ordered a lyte 3 section 12 rung for my new ladder..just waiting for that and my ankalad to turn upWon't be much I can't do then

Already dug out an old file boar..thanks for the tip

I think it is 8+ metres in total

3rd section will live on me car roof most of the time
that 3 rd section is worth strappin down first on its own to your roof bars . then the other bits slide on and off it in the day to day . theres a bit of a knack to pushing them fully home tho

I have a handy 3 section 7 rung jobbie that is also a combi ladder with the straps to turn it into a 2 section stepladder type thingGood for conservatories and a lot of the normal terraced houses I do..but sometimes the high bathroom windows are just too far up

Is just too small that it forces you to stretch a bit sometimes
i did my first yr with a 7 rung triple DIY that sat in my car on a wooden sledge and i loved it .

I used to put it in my old astra..lay down passenger seat and slide in from the back..gave me more room on the roof for me long ones..gone are the days of heavy 2 piece long ladders

Back