Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

After nearly 3 years of wfp i cant believe....

keir

How long i have been fannying about, since fitting wide fan jets and using the tecbuk i must of sped up at least 20%.

No more pulling the brush off to rinse, its took me 3-4 days to crack the technique and sped up considerably by rinsing on the glass, i dont think i could do it with pencil jets or not as well/quick..

Doesn't matter if its phyllic or phobic, i mastered a technique today in the wazzing down rain and it has literally revolutionised how my days will play out and i feel 100% confidant to walk away from that window knowing it will dry perfect.

I am very very very pleased with myself, but just wished i'd sussed it out a lot earlier

You’re definitely making forward progress Keir, from your comment about Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic glass it really doesn’t make a difference which type of glass you are cleaning.

Once you observe that you prefer to clean hydrophobic glass, and then you know it can be cleaned much quicker and more confidently than the slower glass to clean, that is Hydrophilic.

So you whizz round frames, vertical scrub from left to right, horizontal light drag on glass from top corner to opposite bottom corner then move on to next window?

Can't do rinse on glass just don't feel happy doing it can't see it saving me all that much time so I'll stick to what I know best must say though the the tecbuk brush is the best one I've used so far out of all brushes

I have been rinsing on the glass for all this year. But never considered fan jets. Im actually waiting for the new gardiner overflow gizmo to be released

I've been banging on about fan jets since wfp took off! I would never wish to use pencil jets! I have my digi box on full pelt and rinse just off the glass with what feels like a mini pressure washer!

And sounds like one too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've been banging on about fan jets since wfp took off! I would never wish to use pencil jets! I have my digi box on full pelt and rinse just off the glass with what feels like a mini pressure washer!

Now i've cracked it i'll get my pole cam on and show you what i'm doing, but i'll get the missus to video from the inside too with the pad, the only alteration i've made to my varistream digi is i've kept the flow setting on 3 but i have upped the pressure from C or D to E.

Yep i'll never use pencils again, and the noise the fans make is like a really ****** off 40 foot python lol

As for water usage, i'm not sure really. Some days i'd swear that i'm using loads less then like today i'd say it uses more, but today i was having a blitz every frame day instead of a maintenance day.

But the speed of rinsing is just unbelievable

I tried gardiner fan jets and they were rubbish. Not much of a fan at all. Seen some on vids and spray is great. They have to be on full hammer or they don't spray, which uses more water. They wernt the wide spray ones though

I tried gardiner fan jets and they were rubbish. Not much of a fan at all. Seen some on vids and spray is great. They have to be on full hammer or they don't spray, which uses more water. They wernt the wide spray ones though
The red ones are better than the clear ones by a mile.

How come they so good tuffers? What are they doing compaired to say gardiners red or the generic brass numbers? Must be fair big hole you have to drill in the stock too?

Stick a pic of your vikan on with them fitted.....

How come they so good tuffers? What are they doing compaired to say gardiners red or the generic brass numbers? Must be fair big hole you have to drill in the stock too?
Stick a pic of your vikan on with them fitted.....
Thought I had the blue ones, but they're green. Yes, you have to drill a fair hole in the brush.

AB124445-EC04-44C6-B974-048F18BD714D_zpsqmeclhi6.jpg

CE7DACEB-2276-4FF8-B661-2DC8290FEBD9_zpse5xlhyqv.jpg

They sit flush in this brush unlike Gardiners. The red fans in an Extreme brush is a bad combination. The lack of bristles allows the jet to come into contact with the glass.

Back