Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help

Beccy

Ok, so I usually work within 3 miles of my house and operate my wfp from a push bike and trailer. I've recently built a trolley system that I can fit in my car to do occasional jobs outside of town.

I've just been to quote for my first such job and I'm just not quite sure how to pitch it. It's in the middle of nowhere, about 4 miles up a single track road and about 9 miles from my house. This is the house:

ypedapeh.jpg

yva9a7uh.jpg

a2emu5u9.jpg

epevyja4.jpg

su7y3uby.jpg

It's just so much more glass than I was expecting when I rocked up to quote for a house. Since when did a house have 54 windows lol?

As you can see it's all easy to get to and the windows are all pretty new so no issues with flakey bits of paint etc.

I usually start at about a pound per window and go up a bit of it's tricky and down a bit if it's easy. Not sure how to factor the time and fuel getting there...

My gut feeling is start at £54 drop a bit for being easy and then add it back on to cover time and expenses! But that sounds so much for a house. But then if you can afford a house with 54 windows you're presumably not short of a bob or two!

What would you do?

Do you need to clean windows on the roof? Wfp or trad?
I think so... they weren't in when I went round but they didn't say not to do them. The big ones are in a double height living room so they would definitely want those doing.

WFP /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys /emoticons/smile.png

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png

I would say 50 quid but it would only take an hour and a half for me to trad it....

Pole would see a bit of use though

considering the travel time to and from the job allow 1 hour travel time on top of your price , id want a minium of 60 or i reckon i end up dropping very fast if it was underpriced

I would say £50. If it took 2 hours (which it won't) you make £25 an hour.

I don't price by the window. I look at the time.

1.5 hours (on a bad go slow day)

£30 per hour = £45

+ £5 fuel/travel = £50

£30 per hour = £45

+ £5 fuel/travel = £50
I do likewise SP

Also cost would depend on how regular they wanted them cleaned surely?/emoticons/biggrin.png

£30 per hour = £45

+ £5 fuel/travel = £50

I don't alter the price for length of time. I price at a level I'd be happy with at a 12 week clean. If they want it 6 weekly then I gain.

Also cost would depend on how regular they wanted them cleaned surely?/emoticons/biggrin.png
This is an easy clean I would do the velux windows as part of the price.

Not to mention if they want the roof velux windows cleaned aswell at the same time.

I have a very similar property on a farm charged at £50. Two visits later I pick up the neighbour at the same price. On the third visit I got the last building. Each at £50. They take as a group no more than four hours. Very similar barn conversions.

That's one way of looking at is I suppose :thumbsup:

Even though myself I would probably put in a stupid high price just because of its location to make it worth my while. That's probably why they can't get a window cleaner anyhow as they would soon get feedup doing jobs like that when there is easy money to be made locally.

If and a big if you could gain more jobs in the vicinity of that property then maybe might be worthwhile but I've dropped a few odd isolated houses like that as found they are more hassle than they are worth.

Those types of jobs can be very quick and easy to clean; going by the pictures; your actual cleaning time on the glass could be low, even less than 10 minutes if it’s cleaned fairly regular with wfp. You can earn very good money with these types of jobs because of this, and if you have a load close together or at least be able do a few in a day, you can earn a lot.

If you do charge £54 and the customer is loyal to you, you’re lucks in, but if there not loyal, and another window cleaner puts in a quote you will lose it. That to me, looks like a quick and easy job to do, you can easily to 2 of them in 1 hour, even if they are a few miles apart.

(As SPCleaning observed Smurf, those ‘Roof Velux Windows’ look like regular upstairs windows, bedrooms, bathroom etc and probably some are to a vaulted ceiling. So you always should include them in a building like that.)

Latest Posts

Back