Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail combo= any of you already using one?

B

boarcity

a fellow windie gave me this combo in the photo. he couldnt get along with it.

View attachment 2821 my question is ,when using it as a 1 pass tool, what way round do you think the pad should be ?

iv only used it so far as a 2 pass tool, where the pad flips up for the scrub pass and then dangles down for the squeegee pass

To be honest Boar, I think its a piece of ****. Whichever way I used the pad it just never seemed as good as a tbar. Now I just use the squeegee portion for awkward windows but that's it. Its a shame as it could be great, but the design is just a bit poor. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

agree with Tolish

i think ya have the applicator underside of ya blade so appplicator wets/cleans and ya blade follows up

I can't seem to get the hang of the Wagtail, it feels like it's at the wrong angle for my style and gives me hand cramp.

gave it a bit of a go today , what i really want is to be able to use it as a 1 pass tool , i havnt worked out yet where the pad sits for one pass use. one thing that i really like on this tool compared to the usual wagtails is that the handle sits above the channel rather than below -closing out is easier than usual as is fanning View attachment 2824

gave it a bit of a go today , what i really want is to be able to use it as a 1 pass tool , i havnt worked out yet where the pad sits for one pass use. one thing that i really like on this tool compared to the usual wagtails is that the handle sits above the channel rather than below -closing out is easier than usual as is fanning View attachment 4715
I think the one pass thing you are thinking of is a different version of the wagtail mate. This one just flips up so save time between pad and squeegee. You mention the closing out, be very careful with that tool as the aluminium channel catches very easily and makes a horrible grinding sound-I never scratched any glass with it, but it would be enough to get a custy worried.

I think the one pass thing you are thinking of is a different version of the wagtail mate. This one just flips up so save time between pad and squeegee. You mention the closing out, be very careful with that tool as the aluminium channel catches very easily and makes a horrible grinding sound-I never scratched any glass with it, but it would be enough to get a custy worried.
you could be right . believe the one i have is called a COMBO ,maybe thats just a new name for a FLIPPER

I've found wagtails take alot of getting use too as the angle is set different than a normal blade.

And yes I've scratched my own glass too:D

iv been using the regular wagtails for a long time. i once scratched a window when i used the end of the metal channel to lift off a piece of poop , so i do know now that the aluminium scratches glass easily

Yes it's easy done. My little mishap I was distracted and caught the end of the channel on the glass somehow:rolleyes:

i bloomin felt like him today...first my strimmer wouldnt work..and then...my weed burner wouldnt light...and i not got a match....no wonder the ducks on the canal were laughing at me...:rofl:

but....it was my first real job....she phoned up and said how much to clean the gutter out and clean the outside...and so i just said £60 without even seeing the house...and then she said and to weed the drive so i said ...er £40 and she sent me an email to confirm my price as £120...well i not very good at maths as i a window cleaner so i just confirmed..and cause i been on here to much...i getting cheeky...i said can you forward the cheque to the tenants for me to collect when i finish...and she did...and i a happy chappy...more more more...well not all at once...i only me..../emoticons/biggrin.png and maybe...i will check my bloomin equipment before i go....:whistle:

Back