Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk hybrid brush my view

camcap

Well in the 5 and a half years I've been wfp cleaning I can honestly say I've found the best brush for me, I've used lots of different types in that time and the Tecbuk hybrid does everything I want. Ye sure it's not the lightest out there but by no means is it heavy, anyone that says it is man up a little bit and get some shoulder muscles lol. I've been using it on first cleans and maintenance cleans and it does both with no problems. Gets rid of spider sacks in corners which I did worry at first. One of the main things I find is it gives me confidence in cleaning leaded glass as other brushes feel like there gonna start to peel it off all I can say is if you looking for a new brush give it a go, and before you say yes I payed full price, only thing I did was change the y connector to the standard as felt the quick fit ones lowered the pressure as they have a bigger diameter.

I need a couple of new brushes, new to WFP but my gardiners are completely worn out now (although they have been used for just about everything!). Any idea how I fit these onto a gardiners connection, not sure what it's called Quick-lock?

I need a couple of new brushes, new to WFP but my gardiners are completely worn out now (although they have been used for just about everything!). Any idea how I fit these onto a gardiners connection, not sure what it's called Quick-lock?
You just have to drill holes in the quick-lock to match up I've drilled holes in the 45 deg gardiner one

Its an amazing brush innit cam? Have you tried rinsing on the glass with it yet?

Never had the confidence to do with other brushes but this one i thought sod it, just brings a huge smile to my face, i tried with my G's sill the other week and it worked just as well, its just a confidence thing, but the tecbuk i feel so confident in its scrubbing abilities it give the kick i needed to try, i think the fans are a must too

Its an amazing brush innit cam? Have you tried rinsing on the glass with it yet?
Never had the confidence to do with other brushes but this one i thought sod it, just brings a huge smile to my face, i tried with my G's sill the other week and it worked just as well, its just a confidence thing, but the tecbuk i feel so confident in its scrubbing abilities it give the kick i needed to try, i think the fans are a must too
Never been a fan of rinsing on the glass and fan jets I like how pencil give more accuracy especially if you get milky frames, but ye well impressed with the brush

Keir, what G sill brush do you have, the medium mixed, or the hot water one(red bristle)? sorry for asking, im in a dilemma in choosing between this tecbuk and G sill, as want to do gutters upvc and conny roofs and sills. Was doing a new house today, totally splattered with nesting birds above windows, my G medium mixed seemed to be cleaning it fine, but want the confidence of knowing I have good scrubbing power in my next purchase. Thanks:thumbsup:

I use hot water so this one works fine for me http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/The-Super-Lite--Radius-Sill-Brush-Flat-Trim-Stiff-Bristles--Red--BRUSH_SLSILL_DTSTIFF.html

@Richard are your brushes suitable for hot water?

Keir, what G sill brush do you have, the medium mixed, or the hot water one(red bristle)? sorry for asking, im in a dilemma in choosing between this tecbuk and G sill, as want to do gutters upvc and conny roofs and sills. Was doing a new house today, totally splattered with nesting birds above windows, my G medium mixed seemed to be cleaning it fine, but want the confidence of knowing I have good scrubbing power in my next purchase. Thanks:thumbsup:

Just sent an email to a similar question smurf, my reply is below -

“I have customers that use all the different types of Tecbuk brushes with heated water everyday, in the past 4 years a couple of people have had problems, because the water has been to hot, and this would change the memory/ shape of the brush bristle splay.

I can advise, the melting point for either Nylon or Polyester monofilament is aprox 220 degrees, and the maximum working temperature is aprox 100 degrees, to hot for window cleaning brushes. What does happen with window cleaning brushes and heated water is you can lose the natural shape of the brush, which can happen much sooner if hotter water is used.

All Tecbuk brushes are suitable for heated water, but the use of hot water is at your own discretion.”

Yeah the medium mixed, but i only use it nowadays for pvc, gutters and cladding and conny roofs. The G sill is brilliant for all this due to its shape and bristle count, perfect for getting in the nooks and crannies of gutter clips etc

As for doing sills i use the tecbuk or the superlite when using that, works fine.

Do you use a swivel neck or rigid?

Well in the 5 and a half years I've been wfp cleaning I can honestly say I've found the best brush for me, I've used lots of different types in that time and the Tecbuk hybrid does everything I want. Ye sure it's not the lightest out there but by no means is it heavy, anyone that says it is man up a little bit and get some shoulder muscles lol. I've been using it on first cleans and maintenance cleans and it does both with no problems. Gets rid of spider sacks in corners which I did worry at first. One of the main things I find is it gives me confidence in cleaning leaded glass as other brushes feel like there gonna start to peel it off all I can say is if you looking for a new brush give it a go, and before you say yes I payed full price, only thing I did was change the y connector to the standard as felt the quick fit ones lowered the pressure as they have a bigger diameter.

Glad you like the hybrid brush camcap; I think I introduced this maintenance clean Hybrid brush about 2 years ago. People buy brushes for different reasons camcap, some would rather save money, and others might stick with a particular brand.

As the Tecbuk maintenance clean Hybrid brush is popular, giving the choice of two different types of cleaning bristle in a single brush, with some using it for all first cleans jobs. I will be releasing a new first clean Hybrid brush next week, combining the best scrubbing abilities, and ease of use in a single brush (no doubt some customers will use it for maintenance cleans). Having used it for over 11 months, personally I think it’s the best all round first clean brush I make, with regards to speed of cleaning (First cleans only) , scrubbing ability, ease of use and water saving for a first clean.

Looks like you chaps that have bought a hybrid recently will be buying another brush shortly.

Nice one @Richard /emoticons/biggrin.png

Glad you like the hybrid brush camcap; I think I introduced this maintenance clean Hybrid brush about 2 years ago. People buy brushes for different reasons camcap, some would rather save money, and others might stick with a particular brand.

As the Tecbuk maintenance clean Hybrid brush is popular, giving the choice of two different types of cleaning bristle in a single brush, with some using it for all first cleans jobs. I will be releasing a new first clean Hybrid brush next week, combining the best scrubbing abilities, and ease of use in a single brush (no doubt some customers will use it for maintenance cleans). Having used it for over 11 months, personally I think it’s the best all round first clean brush I make, with regards to speed of cleaning (First cleans only) , scrubbing ability, ease of use and water saving for a first clean.

Yeah the medium mixed, but i only use it nowadays for pvc, gutters and cladding and conny roofs. The G sill is brilliant for all this due to its shape and bristle count, perfect for getting in the nooks and crannies of gutter clips etcAs for doing sills i use the tecbuk or the superlite when using that, works fine.

Do you use a swivel neck or rigid?
Hi I use my brush rigid just now,but am considering a swivel. I bought a g sill at daqua today as off today, however there was only the hot sill brush there, just checked g site again for brush suitability, hot sill brush is not as good as medium mixed for conny roofs, so may return it if allowed. Might just put a toothbrush on my pole as can't make my daft mind up.

I used to use my brush rigid when I started then I tried the swivel neck and found them to be great especially for windows over conservatory's as you can clean at an angle!

Hi I use my brush rigid just now,but am considering a swivel. I bought a g sill at daqua today as off today, however there was only the hot sill brush there, just checked g site again for brush suitability, hot sill brush is not as good as medium mixed for conny roofs, so may return it if allowed. Might just put a toothbrush on my pole as can't make my daft mind up.
Get a swivel neck, I tried one and hated it, so slung it in the back of the van. Saw a @keir post about using a swivel and thought, hey I'll try it again. Been using it for a couple of weeks and love it. Rigid for conny roofs etc though :thumbsup:

I used to use my brush rigid when I started then I tried the swivel neck and found them to be great especially for windows over conservatory's as you can clean at an angle!
:thumbsup:. Useless at 35' though, once you knock the brush to the vertical angle at that height there's no way of getting it back straight :thumbsdown: and then you're looking at bringing 7 sections down just to adjust it. Tried it on a 3 storey mansion last Friday and had to put a rigid neck on after the first set of windows.

Back