Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift or gardiner

camcap

Right looking at either facelift Phoenix pro/ x 35 or gardiner slx 35 what's your views thanks :thumbsup:

Basically comes down to if you really don't like lateral clamps then pay the extra 10% (+ angle adapter & brush if needed)

Basically comes down to if you really don't like lateral clamps then pay the extra 10% (+ angle adapter & brush if needed)
Not fussed about grips mate more bothered about quality

Quality........gardiners

But saying that i know a lad who has a biiiiiiiig facelift x and has never replaced a clamp or had any spinning, i only have experience of the phoenix 22 which i absolutely lurve but this last 2 week i have been using my slx25 everyday and it is a brilliant pole and i have even got used to the clamps

I would say Gardiners. Fantastic poles the SLXs, couple that with what's commonly accepted as probably the best customer service in the industry & it's a very safe option!!/emoticons/wink.png

I would say Gardiners, I have not used a Phoenix, but from reading reviews. The clamps wear out quickly and the pole starts spinning and according to reviews the slx is stiffer.

The new smart clamps on the slx are brilliant once they have been set up properly.

A 35ft SLX will be stiffer against a 35 Phoenix Pro as they are different material (Carbon vs Composite). Most negative comments of poles are usually from those not owing or even used them. Better asking people who have both for a balanced review regardless of what brand.

I was relaying information of people who have used both. None of the comments were being negative, just stating facts regarding stiffness and wear

Ssierragls, that wasn't directed at yourself. It was more of a general observation regardless of the product. Mac vs PC, Xbox vs Playstation, etc, etc Most people hate that they may of made the wrong decision and defend what they bought giving reasons that another option is 'not as good' whether it may or may not be the case.

But concerning your post, I would not class those as facts at all. Out of thousands of poles out there, very little reports of wear and if that is the case it'll be from first run poles over12 months of use that can have upgraded clamps to work as new.

As for stiffness, this us also not the case. Comparing an SLX & Phoenix x side by side you will see very little difference, with the Phoenix actually being more ridged in tests done a while back. I have the photos to compare. It is never cut an dry case as there will be production variations but barely anything in it.

i would say scrap the pheonix an chouse between the china classic pole an the slx!! china classic is beta than pheonix cheeper an has possative stops mch quicker pole but a slx will b stiffer an last longer but slx is more expencive

Back