Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another first

Smurf

Lady phoned me and said

"Can you give me a quote please to clean my conservatory roof as my window cleaner didn't do a vary good job"

Now that's another first for me /emoticons/biggrin.png

I could understand why the chap might have struggled being trad but found out he was a wfp guy which seemed very odd to me :confused:

I had this and when I visited the property and had a look, the glass had been marked by the lead flashing. I explained that the marks won't come off and she said, "that's what my man said" :rolleyes:

This one has plastic panels but I'm betting he tried cleaning it from the ground instead of doing a proper deep clean that the lady wanted doing. From experience I've found out you can't do a proper conservatory roof deep clean without being up close and personal especially the pointy bits and frames. The first thing most customers do is look out their upstairs window and see all the bits that you have missed. /emoticons/biggrin.png

As the saying goes if a job is worth doing then do it right. That's why I'm not cheap but I still get plenty of work. /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get staining off glass but most would not want to pay for it to be done. It will also return if the lead flashing is not treated aswell which also adds more to the cost.

Well I got that job but now can understand why the last chap struggled.

That is defo going to be a pig of a job to do so made sure I smurfed the price for the hassle

Well I got that job but now can understand why the last chap struggled.That is defo going to be a pig of a job to do so made sure I smurfed the price for the hassle
:thumbsup: this is going to be expensive

Not really as I'm only charging £85 @norm as is a very small but awkward one to do. Has a small pitched roof extension in the way on one side, hardly any room to get a conservatory ladders up at the front and the right hand side needs to be cleaned from next door.

Latest Posts

Back