Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stupid question time

Dave B

Staff member
I am getting a wfp backpack and have been trad all my life

A few new cleans lately have had paint specks on the upstairs glass from decorating etc

It takes ages to get it off by cleaning then getting the trusty scraper out

how do you guys get them off the window as you can't even see them from the ground or do you leave it all on there

Not being funny but I am new to wfp and don't see how you can call it clean if it has paint specks all over

i do trad and get them off bit by bit as they can knacker my blade but i not very happy at decorators who do the job on a windy day...as for wfp....hmmm well ...they do have a scraper that attaches to the pole....off course...paint specs dont affect wfp cleans so i suppose they are left on...... to me...the bloody decorator should remove them or cover the bloomin window...

good post though dave...i had one recently that looked like it had been snowing on most of the windows...cant remember if i got it off...i kn0w my contract work took a half a time extra to get rid of paint...wfp ers over to you....

Thanks

I usually do it on a first clean bit it is in the price..

I may do first cleans trad to charge the money then wfp the top ones next time

only going wfp for the awkward ones first of all but probably for all top windows I think

oh you will find its a little bit addictive wfp dave...only time i get annoyed is when the water runs out...or the battery...grrr..before long you will be wfp ing everything...:rofl:

oh you will find its a little bit addictive wfp dave...only time i get annoyed is when the water runs out...or the battery...grrr..before long you will be wfp ing everything...:rofl:
/emoticons/biggrin.png:D:D

Too right!!

Yeah, it'll not be long before you feel hard done by each time you have to use a ladder!!

i especially like it on neglected connys....loads of spiders etc...do it trad...hard work ...wfp...good fun...scrub em all away..did a huge one the other day...and got a text to say thanks for the clean windows..cant say more than that...../emoticons/biggrin.png

Gonna enjoy using my new ladders and trad gear for a bit but I reckon conny roofs would be fun with wfp

Gonna enjoy using my new ladders and trad gear for a bit but I reckon conny roofs would be fun with wfp
When you go wfp fully davey you will realise only then how mad you actually were cleaning windows of a ladder! You'll also realise how **** the pay was and how bleeding hard the job was! Once you go wfp you will never wish to return to traditional methods ever again!

Only yesterday a trad cleaner (whom I know) turned up at my door after finally giving in after he had lost a customer because he couldn't reach a few difficult windows and the neighbour's wfp guy had done them instead, hence taking the job.

He wanted some instruction and a look at the kit. I gave him my old back pack and some fittings to get him started. On Monday he is off to Varitech to get a pole etc. He says he will just use it on difficult to reach work, but I bet in six months he is fully wfp.

[quote="SPCleaning, post: 181659, member: 6407"

He wanted some instruction and a look at the kit. I gave him my old back pack and some fittings to get him started. On Monday he is off to Varitech to get a pole etc. He says he will just use it on difficult to reach work, but I bet in six months he is fully wfp.

That's good you did that lots wouldn't, but its a good feeling when you help someone like that. A few months ago one of my old customers from an area i used to clean wfp before passing it onto someone else, she chapped my door and asked if I would help her friend set up a wfp system as a new customer he picked up required it done wfp. I was pleased to help it kinda made me proud I managed to do that.

I would love to sell a domestic wfp kit to every homeowner in the land.:rolleyes:

"This time next year Rodeny, we'll be millionaires!"/emoticons/biggrin.png

You can take the boy outta london but can't take london out the boy..lol

Saw a nice set of ladders on a roof of a car in luton earlier and my first thought was them clamps ain't padlocked I could easily have them
clear.png

Not that i would though..I am sensible and all growed up nowadays

Back