Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft washing conservitory roofs/ car ports? would it cause damage?

WJCN64

Hey guys ive been looking into soft washing as an add on service do you think it would cause damige to conny roofs etc as it could speed up cleans considerably? [media]

[/media]
Plus i cant find it online over here at all its like it doesnt exist!

Now that's a question for @J D to answer methinks:rolleyes:

Hey guys ive been looking into soft washing as an add on service do you think it would cause damige to conny roofs etc as it could speed up cleans considerably? [media]

The main chemical used in soft washing is sodium hypochlorite but also some don't use pressure washers either:D

[media]

[/media]

Personally I'd try and track down an x-jet to soft wash with. They appear for sale once in a while on eBay from an American seller. You can conveniently spray up to approx 25ft from the safety of ground level using your chosen chemical. They are indispensable for doing external house cleans, particularly pebble dash walls and fascias! They would be perfect for conservatory roof cleans and would speed the job up ten fold. I know smurf likes to get up close and personal with conservatory cleans and he rightfully charges accordingly but spraying on a good strong 40o:1 ratio TFR solution neat via an x-jet and onto a conservatory roof will shift the majority of bog standard dirt and algae! Leave it to work for 20 mins then rinse of with your x-jet . I can't recommend an x-jet enough, it makes life easier and more profitable and it's safe as houses.

Ps. I have a an external house clean to do next week and I quoted £400 for it. The guy immediately said great and to go ahead. The reason he seems so happy is because he looks at his house and thinks how big of a job it must be to remove all the black and red algae from the walls and how long it must take! With an xjet I just spray on a good mixture of sodium hypochlorite and leave the rain to do the rest . The house will be clean and white with just a couple of rain showers.

I've never seen one of those before windowsurfer! That's not it though! I can't find a pic or link to show you , I'll keep searching.

No that's just a toy....

This is an xjet chenical nozzle that goes on the end of a washer lance

[media]

That's why @J D is loaded /emoticons/biggrin.png
I'm not that loaded smurf . Sure didn't I have to sell 10 of my vans just so I could pay for the refurbishment of the moat around my bungalow. :specs

Probably because the chap stopped selling them on fleebay in April 2011

I downloaded the pic from the listing then when I decided to get one the seller stopped selling them:(

I would not want to use a backpack container full of hypo leaking down the crack of my ****. :rolleyes:

The xjet nozzle still needs to be used with a pressure washer so why the hell they thought it would be a good idea to strap a chem tank to your back beats me:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely you could build a trolley wfp type thing to use on conny roofs with hypo..just brush on..would be quite cheap to make

Back