Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lewis ladders- anyone got them?

windowsurfer

Just wondered if anyone has this type of ladders, they have d-rungs and a stabiliser bar, looking at the combination ladder, as trying to get a smurf style setup. Got my ankalad, but want to fit it to a new ladder, as mine is just a diy ladder. Appreciate any thoughts of this product:)

Thought about the 7.58m, just under 25ft, £125 inc vat and delivery

Why no just buy the BPS ladder smurf has, theyre a good price and well made, I've got the same.
Do they have the d-rungs? I find the square ladder I have pretty uncomfortable, even with boots on. I was trying to find what size of ladders smurf and you use, but couldnt find the link, what height do you use?/emoticons/smile.png

Oh I missed the d rung bit. Its the 13rung which is their biggest one. I have one of the industrial class 1 ladders that BPS do and that has d rungs, but it doesn't have the bottom stabiliser which works very well when combined with the ankalad. The industrial is pricey, and I wouldn't want to carry a 13 rung version about.

I've never had a problem using box standard rungs if anything I would have thought you are more likely for your feet to slip if not careful using d rungs :rolleyes:

I've never had a problem using box standard rungs if anything I would have thought you are more likely for your feet to slip if not careful using d rungs :rolleyes:
You just scared me with that comment, I hope the d doesn't mean death rungs. I've got size 11-12 feet so thought the d rungs would be better, maybe just get the bps, more Thinking to do.thanks

I'm sure d rungs are fine as are fitted to most trade & class 1 ladders. :thumbsup:

You just scared me with that comment, I hope the d doesn't mean death rungs. I've got size 11-12 feet so thought the d rungs would be better, maybe just get the bps, more Thinking to do.thanks

I have both types and they are fine

As long as the ladder is sturdy it really makes no difference

Although I think the square ones are a bit harder on the feet after a long day

F

Just make sure you buy the right class ladder that is within your weight limit:)
Fat boy ones. 14.5 stone. The ones I have feel like a trampoline when extended, don't really want to do a double flip quality dismount on it I am siding to the lyte ladders without the stableiser bar, after a couple of comments from yourself that it can get in the way. My wife calls me indecisive, I say I'm just trying to make an informed decision

I used to be very indecisive but now I'm not so sure..lol

I have ordered lyte 3 section 12 rungs..reckon with the ankalad it will be stable enough

F
Fat boy ones. 14.5 stone. The ones I have feel like a trampoline when extended, don't really want to do a double flip quality dismount on it I am siding to the lyte ladders without the stableiser bar, after a couple of comments from yourself that it can get in the way. My wife calls me indecisive, I say I'm just trying to make an informed decision
ya just big boned

Myself after using a 11 rung triple ladder without a stabiliser bar today if I'm honest was a real pain in the **** as wanted to twist on me every time I tried extending/collapsing it. At least the ones with a stabiliser are much easy to manage /emoticons/biggrin.png

F

Myself after using a 11 rung triple ladder without a stabiliser bar today if I'm honest was a real pain in the **** as wanted to twist on me every time I tried extending/collapsing it. At least the ones with a stabiliser are much easy to manage /emoticons/biggrin.png
Thats the first thing I noticed about the bps with it's 1m wide base, it's a lot easier to put up.:thumbsup:

I have just phoned Lewis ladders to get a few details about the combi ladder, they havent had it in stock for months, as they are concentrating on their towers, must be more money in it. Bps ladder is sounding more alluring.

What BPS ladder is it, the combi or extension. As still cant find the link on the forum.

3x12 Rung£149.99

Incl Vat & Free Next Day Delivery

(RRP £289.99)3.26m (10'9")3.07m (10'1")5.12m (16'9")3.07m (10'1")5.12m (16'9")7.20m (23'7")21.5

Extension

10.00m (32'10")£194.99

Incl Vat & Free Next Day Delivery

(RRP £399.99)

Thanks:thumbsup:4.06m (13'4")3.87m (12'8")6.70m (22'0")9.54m (31'4")26.0

Using an ankalad takes the bounce out of any ladder including the bps ones in the pic that without one do bounce. You are like me weight wise so trade rated ladders are just fine as max load is 150 kg

F

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back