Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Be wary of yell.com

Guest boarcity

Guest boarcity

or recently theyre now called HIBU . over the years iv had a few run-ins with this mob , you go with them and it will cost you dearly

its fine to do the free listings with them,do that yes, but they will then hound you and promise you the world if you sign for the upgrades but you will get very little results.

latest i heard is a reasonably big,well 4 vans, window firm in nearby town went for the full HIBU website package, and it looked very nice .BUT although on the phone seemed reasonable cost,due to salesman trickery was actually mouthwateringly expensive. he had to pull the plug on it and the boss told me it was an absolute rip off

In this day and age you are probably better just putting your money into google as people usually just scour the net when they want something. So long as you have a user friendly website, getting onto the first page of google is bound to bring in the people. But like your other post said about bookface, I've heard a lot of other people also saying how successful they have been because of it, and that's free.

Thanks for the headsup in the name change. I've just googled it and found this:rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25129629

Many moons ago when the interweb was in its infancy to be listed in yellow pages was a good idea but now to pay for the pleasure is a waste of money if you ask me.

or recently theyre now called HIBU . over the years iv had a few run-ins with this mob , you go with them and it will cost you dearly

its fine to do the free listings with them,do that yes, but they will then hound you and promise you the world if you sign for the upgrades but you will get very little results.

latest i heard is a reasonably big,well 4 vans, window firm in nearby town went for the full HIBU website package, and it looked very nice .BUT although on the phone seemed reasonable cost,due to salesman trickery was actually mouthwateringly expensive. he had to pull the plug on it and the boss told me it was an absolute rip off

I've heard loads about Hibu - not one bit of it good. Even their premium & highly expensive websites are sub-par if you look closely,.. not optimised for mobile devices & shoddy Google optimisation too,.. total rip-off whatever way you look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have an ad with hibu , in the gutter cleaning section but have 6 bullet points ,which includes window cleaning and full PVC cleans it only costs £7 a month and has more than paid for itself :-)

Guest boarcity

hibu rang me up ,offering me 2 local websites "that have just now come on the market" . im sure these were firms who had gone with hibu but then pulled the plug- hibu holding onto the website addresses. barstewards !

i offered them a tenner per site ! cash

LOL - even at £10 each I doubt you'd get value for money.

I thought Hibu charged a big chunk for building the site (about £500 I've been told) and then £19 a month to maintain it? Surely that big chunk initially would make the site content yours & not something that can be sold on?

hibu rang me up ,offering me 2 local websites "that have just now come on the market" . im sure these were firms who had gone with hibu but then pulled the plug- hibu holding onto the website addresses. barstewards !

i offered them a tenner per site ! cash

Guest boarcity
LOL - even at £10 each I doubt you'd get value for money.

I thought Hibu charged a big chunk for building the site (about £500 I've been told) and then £19 a month to maintain it? Surely that big chunk initially would make the site content yours & not something that can be sold on?

youd think itd be yours after paying all that dosh- but theyre such crafty sods i jus know itll be in the small print that if you cancel,they keep the name to try and keep you onboard .

they were offering me the site names for 160 each, or 250 for 2 . i said no to that then the salesman said "cmon what will you give?" , my offer of a tenner a pop wasnt to his liking!

That just goes to show what sharks they are :D

youd think itd be yours after paying all that dosh- but theyre such crafty sods i jus know itll be in the small print that if you cancel,they keep the name to try and keep you onboard .

they were offering me the site names for 160 each, or 250 for 2 . i said no to that then the salesman said "cmon what will you give?" , my offer of a tenner a pop wasnt to his liking!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.