Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer dictionary (cambridge edition)

TolishAPurd

Customer dictionary:

(feel free to add your own)

"I had a window cleaner, but he stopped coming".

Meaning:

a. I'm a ***** with no respect for your sort.

b. He got his pricing wrong.

c. I made things awkward for him.

"I might go regular, but we'll see what the first clean is like".

Meaning:

a.I have absolutely no intention of going regular, but I want you to work your ******** off and earn that £8 that I told you my fictional window cleaner used to charge me.

b. I want the same price as your regulars, but I'm just after a 5 yearly spring clean.

"I'm not paying £__ 'just for a window clean'!"

Meaning:

a. I'm going to stay on the phone haggling you down until you charge me 20p per window because every other cleaner I called told me to poke it so you are my last chance.

b.You are not worthy of that kind of pay because you're just a window cleaner.

c.I'm going to totally ignore your overheads, work out your supposed hourly wage, and moan that you are getting more then me 'just for a window clean'.

"Can you just..."

(From the French word canyoujustae)

Meaning:

a. I need to get my moneys worth out of you.

b. I'm too lazy to do this myself, but I own you for as long as I have that £8 in my hand, now get back to work monkeyboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post and so true /emoticons/biggrin.png

Customer dictionary:(feel free to add your own)

Meaning:

"I might go regular, but we'll see what the first clean is like".

Meaning:

a.I have absolutely no intention of going regular, but I want you to work your ******** off and earn that £8 that I told you my fictional window cleaner used to charge me.

b. I want the same price as your regulars, but I'm just after a 5 yearly spring clean.

"I'm not paying £__ 'just for a window clean'!"

Meaning:

a. I'm going to stay on the phone haggling you down until you charge me 20p per window because every other cleaner I called told me to poke it so you are my last chance.

b.You are not worthy of that kind of pay because you're just a window cleaner.

c.I'm going to totally ignore your overheads, work out your supposed hourly wage, and moan that you are getting more then me 'just for a window clean'.

"Can you just..."

(From the French word canyoujustae)

Meaning:

a. I need to get my moneys worth out of you.

b. I'm too lazy to do this myself, but I own you for as long as I have that £8 in my hand, now get back to work monkeyboy.

Cheers mate. I got the idea from a customer the other day, he hit all four of them in one conversation. He was such a **** that I was adamant not to budge an inch on anything. And guess what, that regular clean he was after has turned in to a 'we'll see'. I wish there was a nationwide black list for these punks.

As I said mentioned before some ppl do tell porkies and are total time wasters too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've always charged 2-4 times the regular price on first cleans, so luckily I've never been caught out, but there are many out there that do get stung. This bloke was claiming his last WCer charged him £10 when it was clearly a £13-£16er.

customer- every time you come to clean the windows it rains after

interpretation- I hate paying you cus your a piece of cr-p and my windows are going to get dirty again

Last edited by a moderator:
Or should that be? - I hate paying you cus my windows get dirty again :confused:/emoticons/biggrin.png

customer- every time you come to clean the windows it rains afterinterpretation- I hate paying you cus your a piece of cr-p

Customer dictionary:(feel free to add your own)

Meaning:

D. I have a tendancy not to pay my window cleaner

top post ta tolish yep me love the canyoujuster.....:rolleyes:
Yep, the canyoujust from the guy I was talking about was a gutter clean... "but I think its just a down pipe" he said.:rolleyes: Shame I don't carry my gutter ladder on window cleaning days. /emoticons/wink.png

yeh thats like the ...i cant get insurance cover for downstairs inside at the vicars house...well okay...i can get cover but...its £10 just for the cover....have you seen them insides...yukky...i done a runner...:rofl:

Back