Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Roofs!

Diwrnach

OK been asked a few times about roof cleaning, now I don't want to go climbing all over someones roof, so I have come up with a plan I would like to run past you all.

Already have a 7.3 meter I think it is? somewhere around 7-8 meters anyway long reach telescopic pressure washing pole, there is a wall cleaning rotary wall cleaner attachment available for this.

Could I put a scaffold tower on the side of the house and use the wall rotary on the end of the pole to clean a roof with?

Seems totally feasible to me as they sell a roof cleaner which is essentially a rotary on wheels with a rope to wind it up and down the roof, so can see this as being pretty much the same thing only maybe a bit smaller, so may well take awhile?

Thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

It's feasible to do it that way but most type tiles are shaped in a way so the water runs off unlike the yank roofers mostly use which are stuck down flat. That type of roof tiles you don't have a problem running it up and down the roof but would be a nightmare to use it on British type tiles I would have thought. Would be alot more difficult I would have thought using a small spinner as you mentioned too.

[media]

[/media]

Yeah I saw that pitch witch, but to me it just looks like a water broom?

And yeah I can see it being a pain in the arse, might be worth getting a slightly better one and getting friend of mine to manufacture some bigger wheels and stiffer pole and do it off a scaffold tower.... hmmmm

Not only am I too heavy to be clomping about on roofs, I don't want to either lol

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.