Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black marks from window seals

Pegasus

Need to get vertical black drip lines off paintwork. Finding it almost impossible to get them off at the moment. Any help appreciated on recommending a heavy duty product.

sorry i read that wrong , get some upvc solvent based cleaner or maybe a magic sponge will work , try smurf on here he might sell you some :laugh:

Can anyone be more specific? I have problems not just with some black marks on frames but also water marks on the glass. I am hoping the same product would sort both.

That 550 looks favourite ....?

you can bleach them however why not get a UPVC cleaner from amazon - costs 4 quid and does the job like a pro : P

Can anyone be more specific? I have problems not just with some black marks on frames but also water marks on the glass. I am hoping the same product would sort both.
That 550 looks favourite ....?

for water marks I only use UNGER Rub Out - nothing else really work

i have noted that sdrah...seen you mention in a few posts...so far things i have tried have failed...so off i go ...shopping again i blame gav...:Dstill...my credit card limit keeps going up....

i have noted that sdrah...seen you mention in a few posts...so far things i have tried have failed...so off i go ...shopping again i blame gav...:Dstill...my credit card limit keeps going up....
yes - does a brilliant job - now i always carry two bottles nearby Solvent cleaner and UPVS - especially for the first clean if I want to impress and get the (potential) job

Use a magic sponge with DILUTED Virosol on black lines on paintwork.

E354B696-E2F5-4934-A75C-9485C9E78F97_zpsn5veofxr.jpg

C8FBD4A6-E12C-4668-A7E0-113B5647FC31_zpsli5gerzr.jpg

Is this just a normal regular window cleaning job you are doing?

Why I ask as glass restoration & window restoration is not the same a just cleaning windows so needs to be priced accordingly.

yep skated over some paint today....i didnt put it on so...i aint takin it off...:Dwell okay...if you pay me...

one inside....cat woman...er...i think they were in a rush...well if she likes a snowy outlook its not my problem as its inside..

Black marks are from new windows put in last year leaching onto new paintwork after they were put in. Very stubborn to get off ATM.

Watermarks are longstanding on another job just got.

that black run off from the frame edge seal is [i think] some kind of ink. im not sure what removes ink having said that, i know that Cif doesnt touch it.

Back