Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How old do window cleaners live to be?

B

boarcity

ive not known any that have died of old age ,but sure some of you guys have? i dont want to hear of any who died from accidents, just whats the average age you live to in this job will be of interest

One in my town died whilst working from a heart attack, he was 76.

My father died (cancer) at 65 but worked up to four months before his death. This was 18 months ago.

My mate's old man who lives in North Wales is a windy, still working in his 70's and fit as a fiddle. My mate thinks he'll drop down dead if he stops working :confused:

Think it depends on how much home brew you drink, keep the heart pickled, you live longer:thumbsup:. Dont know if the government health professionals will agree. I dont do home brewing:(. I just commented on the burnout thread, about a windy having a heartattack in his forties, poor guy. I know a couple of windys who are still alive and are retired and around 70.

one thing i can say about the job...and have always thought...who needs a gym....i get a great workout every day...and i like to push push me old muscles...and wfp...its a whole new ball game of extra and different muscles...seems to work the stomach a bit...yep thankyou window cleaning for keeping me alive....okay the drink helps too../emoticons/biggrin.png

One in my town died whilst working from a heart attack, he was 76.
My father died (cancer) at 65 but worked up to four months before his death. This was 18 months ago.
Lifes not fair, work all your life and then get hit with cancer when about to retire, my poor uncle was a postie, retired at 65 got throat cancer and died 3-4 months later:(. Think thats why you need to try and have a good work life balance, be all you can be, maybe try and get by with less, having everything doesnt make you happy, so they say.

One of our local windies worked until he was 78 and then fell ill with cancer, had to pack in, and sadly died before he hit 79. Very sad.

As cnc said, the job does keep you pretty fit, which must be of some benefit to your health.

Another good thread boar. Most windies around here are in thier 50s. Usually skinny, leathery faced, and heavy drinking, but they are a lot healthier looking then the office based workers they went to school with. So long as you don't have an accident, its gotta be one of the healthiest outdoor jobs going IMO. One thing I like about it is that you get to work hard, and then have a bit of a breather and grab a drink/bite to eat in the van on the way to the next job.

Lifes not fair, work all your life and then get hit with cancer when about to retire, my poor uncle was a postie, retired at 65 got throat cancer and died 3-4 months later:(. Think thats why you need to try and have a good work life balance, be all you can be, maybe try and get by with less, having everything doesnt make you happy, so they say.
I feel the same way. Father worked hard all his life, he was a traditional window cleaner and was well liked by the customers. He decided to drop to a three day week and spend some time enjoying semi-retirement. Then he had a pain in his shoulder. A few tests later and he has cancer. Five months later he died.

this post does make you think......ta boar...getting the balance is the key...and reading the last few posts...suddenly ...i dont feel as guilty if i sneak of home early..

another is...just where does the universe end....and so...whats the point of worrying...:cool:

I think your card is marked and there is nowt you can do about it.

Seems to be that way with my mates

Be fit go to gym get cancer or get run over/car accident

Eat **** don't exercise live a long life

Personally I keep fit as I enjoy it (couldn't take boxing away from me)

But I do beleive we are all on a list waiting for our name to be called

Back