Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Tight git

Danfire

Left a flyer at a property I cleaned when some new owners moved in. Got a call saying "my daughter received your flyer, could you clean her house and do mine as well". I gave her the rate for her daughters and she told me to do hers without having a price agreed and leave a note when it was done. Glad she was in today when I went to clean because when I gave her the price (£25 for 8 ladder pitches, 28 windows total including the conservatory) she looked stunned and asked me not to bother. Don't think I'll do the daughter until she confirms herself just in case she's as tight as her thin lipped mother. The mum used to have a windie but he mysteriously stopped coming.

• Like 2

Ditch em both mate, they all end up like their mothers. :D By 'windows' do you mean paynes of glass, because if not then £25 was a cheap price no matter where you are so you're better off without.

• Like 3

No, by windows I mean a whole window, could be one Payne usually two with the top opener or more. Not sorry to loose her, wish I'd asked how much the last cleaner charged. I'm considering offering two prices now, full price to keep the frames clean and glass detailed and the cheap price, mop, squeegee, cill wipe and done. Don't want to turn out substandard work like some I see but I would probably make more doing the crap job for the tightwads.

• Like 2

there are two types out there danfire...some are just great and some are just....and it doesn't always go with whether they have money or not..:Dyeh i could do a two price scheme too...some tightwads about...

i dont want to mention the aformentioned £75 middlewich job again but....that was the roughest clean i have ever done........but....i finished for four..:whistle:

• Like 3

A lot of wisdom in this thread. Just like daveyboy says, I wouldn't drop my standards just to get a cheap job. When potential customers chat to the custy and say; "Your window cleaners not done a very good job!" the customer is very unlikely to tell them; "Yeah, I was too tight to pay for a proper clean", instead they'll just agree and your rep will go downhill at least on that street.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.