Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you react to "smartass" type customers?

B

boarcity

e,g, customers that pay the first time but then mess about paying on the second and thereafter

e.g. insult your appearance/timekeeping/standard of work somehow /in a bid to avoid paying or as part of a "game" they play

Get what is due then tell them to feck off is what I would do./emoticons/biggrin.png

i give em 3 chances to "correct" themselves - first clean second third - if he doesnt change his/her attitude then i just call or text them that im not interested to clean their windows anymore - i know it doesnt sound really polite but i dont have a good customers service skills or time

I don't give any chances to smart arses even at the quote stage as will tell them straight to go do one. :rolleyes:

and i go full circle ..thats how i arrived here via good old google of course....first time paid straight away..second time paid straight away third time...well ....and its coming up to xmas canyoujuster.....in the end ....off to the courts...but never again..hopefully...i got my three times behind to day so i happy...although ...she wanted the insides cleaning....and i just bluffed her that i had done them...:Dget the cheque thats all that counts...but it was a very short skirt...hmmm maybe i do some overtime for the insides....

i used to just walk, and totally ignore them on the way out.their loss and all that

but lately,and im not sure its a good thing, iv started telling them "your a f.......ing asshole"/waster /b...ch " or whatever suits the situation.

could i be prosecuted for giving the verbals ? my workers find it funny if nobody else

i used to just walk, and totally ignore them on the way out.their loss and all that
but lately,and im not sure its a good thing, iv started telling them "your a f.......ing asshole"/waster /b...ch " or whatever suits the situation.

could i be prosecuted for giving the verbals ? my workers find it funny if nobody else

you definitely can not be prosecuted - but what if the customer writes a sh..t review online - like google map etc ?! it doesnt worth i think

I was waiting for you to say something like that :rofl:

yeh speech is still free go for it boar...i had one today...used to be every month first monday .....for about a year then...er...every other month....now after the spider invasion..and me not rushing as i am busy...can you come every month...er...maybe...:rolleyes:...well okay...if you have the signed cheque waiting....

These people annoy me as much as everyone else, but in answer to the question, yes you can.

This would fall under Section 4 of the Public Order Act.

A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling.

A constable may arrest without warrant anyone he reasonably suspects is committing an offence under this section.

A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.

It would be based on perception. That of a police officer and that of the victim.

Hope this answers your question.

Old habits die hard methinks.... thanks for the post /emoticons/wink.png

I think they say "once in the fuzz always a fuzzer" or something like that /emoticons/biggrin.png

These people annoy me as much as everyone else, but in answer to the question, yes you can.
This would fall under Section 4 of the Public Order Act.

A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling.

A constable may arrest without warrant anyone he reasonably suspects is committing an offence under this section.

A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.

It would be based on perception. That of a police officer and that of the victim.

Hope this answers your question.

what about this keen gardener - will he be prosecuted for his nice bush ?!

Don_tLikeYourNeighbor.jpg

Old habits die hard methinks.... thanks for the post /emoticons/wink.png
I think they say "once in the fuzz always a fuzzer" or something like that /emoticons/biggrin.png
I think you are right Smurf. All that law gets lodged in your head and stays there. I was always 'Good Cop' though /emoticons/wink.png

boar its gd feeling telling customers how you feel, at that special moment it does give you gd buzz

the worse can happen you do there cousins best mate, granny , uncle Albert, thats the only downer

you loose lots of graft

its recently been about one a week that i fire off insults at- all totally justified i might add. and i do feel good afterwards , why that is lord knows as im shaking physically

one woman tother week said im not having this ,im calling the police, i then repeated the f... off several times ,increasing in volume ,over whatever she was saying - to press home the point.

its weird when you think about it, for some time you were being paid and doing your job and now theres this total breakup where they say im trespassing and calling plod .

Like I said before stress can manifests itself in many different ways. Sudden outbursts like that are a sign of stress for sure :rolleyes:

You may need to consider going on an anger management course and/or be treated for tourette's before you land yourself in a heap of trouble. Not only that word could get around that you are a bit of a nutter which could damage your business especially if the press gets hold of a story.

Just my thoughts you understand.

Back